Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter woes...................

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Some great tips in this thread. One missed though. If you're in Alberta, pay the fee and get winter tires.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by orthoboy View Post
    Some great tips in this thread. One missed though. If you're in Alberta, pay the fee and get winter tires.
    That's one of my Ontario gripes. In Quebec winter tires are mandatory and they can run studded tires. I can see Quebec from where I work yet I'm forced to risky safety and my families safety by not running studded tires. I was on course with a guy from Alberta. Got to drive his car (with studs) in Barrie a few times. Wow it was like there was no ice. No loss of traction ever. I commute every day, to the tune of 50,000+km a year. I would love to have studded tires on my car and truck.

Quote Originally Posted by crash277 View Post
    That's one of my Ontario gripes. In Quebec winter tires are mandatory and they can run studded tires. I can see Quebec from where I work yet I'm forced to risky safety and my families safety by not running studded tires. I was on course with a guy from Alberta. Got to drive his car (with studs) in Barrie a few times. Wow it was like there was no ice. No loss of traction ever. I commute every day, to the tune of 50,000+km a year. I would love to have studded tires on my car and truck.
    Here is a possibility for you : Ditch Onterrible and come join us here so u can have studded tires.
    I bought my first Nokian Studded tires two winters ago when travelling weekly from Calgary to Fort Mac, and man those are unbelievable.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    Here is a possibility for you : Ditch Onterrible and come join us here so u can have studded tires.
    I bought my first Nokian Studded tires two winters ago when travelling weekly from Calgary to Fort Mac, and man those are unbelievable.....
    13 more years of not deciding where I live. Then it's out of Ontario for sure!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Meanwhile in Vancouver...

Yeah, I was just thinking...well, I washed the car yesterday, does that count?
    jl

------------------------------------------------------
    215516082009PST

I don't believe in cross-specie hunting.
    It's 3.2 kilos, not 30lbs and it only creates 7 lbs of overpressure in the immediate area....and you only bled from ONE ear that ONE time...pussy!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    They are the best, have a set on my van and it pulls like a tractor...

One thing I notice driving from Vancouver to Whistler is people don't drive according to road conditions. Everyone thinks
    because they have snow tires/chains, they can speed. A thing I learned over the years doing this drive, is to touch the
    brakes and see if there is ice under the snow. Most times, there is. That sets the pace. I have seen many cars pass me
    going fast that ended up in the bush! In BC, when you go off the road, it usually ends up as an insurance claim! Big trees
    and rocks!

Locking Diff. Winter tires and when the going gets tuff I throw these on my old Tacoma, can go almost anywhere [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Far North's Avatar
    Bottled water
    MRE + heaters
    plenty of hand warmers
    tow strap
    tire inflator
    jumper cables
    medium sized collapsible shovel
    Flash light
    Gas tank never below 3/4 full

Going to add some blankets and snow gear

RE Alberta. Did some driving there last winter plenty of idiots in the ditch. Roads are barely maintained and jackasses insist on speeding.
    CSSA CCFR
    Canadian gun laws brought to you by government sponsored ignorance and fear mongering

Quote Originally Posted by Far North View Post
    Bottled water
    MRE + heaters
    plenty of hand warmers
    tow strap
    tire inflator
    jumper cables
    medium sized collapsible shovel
    Flash light
    Gas tank never below 3/4 full

Going to add some blankets and snow gear

RE Alberta. Did some driving there last winter plenty of idiots in the ditch. Roads are barely maintained and jackasses insist on speeding.
    Those people in the ditch are the people from other provinces who move here LOL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast