Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stalingrad special possible

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Hi John. I just seen the movie STALINGRAD on one of the movie channels and I must say it was quite well made. It has sub-titles but that made the movie even more genuine I think. Even my daughter watched it with me and enjoyed it. All the PPSH - k98-nagant-tokarevs etc got me a thinkin is it possible to do a christmass special to honour ALL who perished. I see you have a wood Pietta 22 PPSH and a Tokarev pistol for the Russian deal and over on the German side you have the Star pistol and the Norinco K98 22 trainer. This would make a great SPECIAL hint hint. My daughter now wants a ppsh-22 under the tree!
    I hope the movie you saw was Stalingrad (1993) and not Stalingrad (2013)...
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Quote Originally Posted by gh_defiant View Post
    Another great Russian language World War 2 film that has come out semi-recently is The Fortress of War (a.k.a. The Brest Fortress), if you like realistic and bleak, it is well worth the watch.
    I think, one of the best movie about Stalingrad is "Enemy at the gates", 2001, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215750/

Quote Originally Posted by skirsons View Post
    Basing a sale on the tragic deaths of millions is in bad taste.
    How about Steven Spielberg making millions with "The Shindlers List" movie ??? It's gotta be bad taste then according to your standards !

If you are on his forum you probably own some firearms; you should consider them bad taste too bcs the firearms were designed to be for military purposes ( = being used in war to kill people who comes to kill you ). Have you consider that for a second ???
    You should get rid of them and become a anti-gun then ( u might already be one and trolling here !!! )

It IS about remembering and not profiting !!!
    On a finsh note here is a quote : " Those who do not know history are condemned to repeat it !! "

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Oh I guess I am a evil gun owner now as I have many Winchester commerative rifles too. I will go down to the local reserve and burn them in a big pile as I would not want offend anyone especially our productive and crimeless native population. How about you buy them from me for about 90 thousand big ones and you can destroy them and feel all good about yourself. My motive was not to offend but to enjoy firearms and their history. I also have many other commerative weapons such as from KOREA - D-DAY - ETC. Get a life there buddy.
    ^+1
    CSSA, NFA & NRA.
    What's "Moose Stuff"?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post
    I hope the movie you saw was Stalingrad (1993) and not Stalingrad (2013)...
    Josef Vilsmaier adaptation of the subject matter. Please do yourself a favour and watch it. You will never watch that 2013 piece of flashy trash again!

Quote Originally Posted by isartw View Post
    I think, one of the best movie about Stalingrad is "Enemy at the gates", 2001, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215750/
    ed harris killed the chilluns
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Suggestion: Every second pack gets a mosin
    Clever...

CGN Regular
    wow lotta ppl got mad at my video game comment, my bro had told me it. So they don't come out on 9/11 but many come out in 2 weeks before, and one to kill Osama comes out 9/11- which is clearly taking advantage of death. Not trying to hijack thread or anything away from Stalingrad, I made a mistake with the tidbit and corrected it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Great movie. Greater idea.

Quote Originally Posted by skirsons View Post
    Basing a sale on the tragic deaths of millions is in bad taste.
    Should black friday sales end then? haha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast