Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27373940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: We have a little announcement for you all tommorow!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Looks like we cant please everyone eh? to clarify, we did not change the header, we did post anything about a Black Friday Sale, and we didn't promise any big discounts. We did post in our Black Friday thread that we would have some deals on some select products and we would post on Friday, this was not that thread and it is not Friday. We were pretty proud of some of the new 1911's lines we brought in and thought we would post our new lines and huge selection for you all. Our announcement was "The House" as people have come to know us for our high quality 1911's and we know we have customers who would appreciate this. It was to be nothing of discounts or crazy deals... that was assumed, sorry some people expected that way...We hope you can appreciate our huge selection in "The House of 1911's" as we do!!

Gary
    All valid points Gary, I just think that, given all the "Black Friday" sales being announced by other forum sponsors, your timing of the teaser post was a little off.

Having said that, it's nice to see a Canadian gun seller actually having inventory rather than page after page of "out of stock".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Looks like we cant please everyone eh? to clarify, we did not change the header, we did post anything about a Black Friday Sale, and we didn't promise any big discounts. We did post in our Black Friday thread that we would have some deals on some select products and we would post on Friday, this was not that thread and it is not Friday. We were pretty proud of some of the new 1911's lines we brought in and thought we would post our new lines and huge selection for you all. Our announcement was "The House" as people have come to know us for our high quality 1911's and we know we have customers who would appreciate this. It was to be nothing of discounts or crazy deals... that was assumed, sorry some people expected that way...We hope you can appreciate our huge selection in "The House of 1911's" as we do!!

Gary
    That's the problem with "hype" it doesn't always live up to everyone's expectations and can lead to disappointment.

Being told to wait till tomorrow for a big announcement doesn't do it for me...... I'd rather just wake up and read an unexpected good announcement then anticipate and wait for some mystery announcement.

This sales tactic must work at some level as you are not the first retailer to use hype and anticipation...... but it doesn't work for everyone.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Gary
    i can agree that your selection of pistols are one of the best ive seen, but you didnt announce anything in this thread at all. probably 200 of the posts in this thread were "tag" making it obvious that people were expecting you to return to the thread you started and actually MAKE an announcement. ignoring the thread you started and moving on to a new thread is how this festering sh!t storm became what it is now. your delivery of "Big or Small announcement" was poorly delivered. try to keep that in mind next time and you wont end up with a -arstar style lynch mob thread.

congrats on The House.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Well said Gary: Lesson learned: no vague posts near Black Friday.
    G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Gary, you made my Black Friday sale worth while, happy i got this gorgeous Colt Gold Cup from the House of 1911, this house is a memorable place... JP.

So without reading 500 posts trying to find the sale info... Can someone explain? Is it in another thread???
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Go to Wanstalls Online. Read about all of the 1911's for sale. Done. You're welcome.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    So...the announcement is $3000 1911s?!
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    ^^^ you probably missed it but there are a few 4000 dollar 1911's as well. Easy mistake as I did the same due to all the drool on my iPad. I'm totally getting that Republic one for 4400 or so. Thanks Gary and Daniel for making us Cgn folk aware of your supply. Great post OP!

A drawn out thread for brown nosers.