Thread: logbook and training tracking

logbook and training tracking

First of all, greetings to you all from a new member!

I just bought my first handgun and started to look into a training schedule, which lead me to look for a shooting logbook.
    It wasn't easy to find one that wasn't made for long range markmanship, so I decided to set up my own from info gathered here and there.

How do you keep track of your training, if you do, and how do you go about it? I'd like to install a once per week, 200 rds schedule (minimum), but I don't think my wallet will keep up! So I'm aiming to train smart.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I keep a mental note on how I am doing with handgun and keep targets with the rifle. If I am trying to find a load with a handgun I will keep the targets week to week until I have found it. I have a book with my targets for several of my firearms and loads.
    Too keep costs down buy a 22, they can be shot cheaply, and you will learn more about marksmanship using them than centerfire.
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Found View Post
    I keep a mental note on how I am doing with handgun and keep targets with the rifle. If I am trying to find a load with a handgun I will keep the targets week to week until I have found it. I have a book with my targets for several of my firearms and loads.
    Too keep costs down buy a 22, they can be shot cheaply, and you will learn more about marksmanship using them than centerfire.
    This. Work on your marksmanship and finding a stance that works for you, then move up to bigger calibres and adjust for the kick of the gun. Read: I am not an expert, but I was taught by someone who is and this is what they passed onto me.
    "Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on indulgence of societies understanding" - Raz Al Ghoul.

Welcome! I write a range report on my activities, which guns I shoot, round totals, how I shot, the weather, and which range I visit. Looking back, I can see the progress and problems I've had. I frequently look back at them for insights like scope settings, sight pictures for my different firearms, and which ammo I have the best results with.