Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Introducing The House of 1911s

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    The Gold Cup Trophy above is a Series 70.

EDIT: Disregard, the Series 70s we're working on are our only Series 70 guns. The 5070 above is Series 80. We'll post on the arrival of any Colts but as you may have noticed they're few and far between!

Sorry. I should have specified - government model. Just looking for a classic GI type gun with a nice deep polished blue finish. I understand the 1991 is a bit less refined that way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm totally happy with my five-year-old Gunnar-tuned ($100) Herret-gripped ($45) Marstar $325 Norinco.

You guys should be cringing about this thread, and firing the clown who started it.

Having said that, I cannot say enough good things about my actual service from Wanstall's ... see the Ranch Hand thread.

too much hype on the other thread, for t shirt mouse pad and shipping.... very nice selection though.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I seriously don't need another 1911 LOL
    but...... CAN I BUY one of those awesome house of 1911 t-shirts?
    very cool

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, It's really nice to see a dealer stocking a wide selection of inventory but the method of introduction over promised and under delivered. I would have at least expected to see some "Grand Opening" specials in terms of pricing. I doubt it was intentional but when you raise customer expectations too far without being able to deliver you often end up with disgruntled customers. Maybe it was the timing. With so many other dealers hyping Black Friday sales it was natural for people to expect far more aggressive pricing.

I'm in the market for my first 1911 but have been kind of paralysed by the wide variety of choice in terms of features and price points. (A "How good is good enough?" kind of thing.....is a $1500 gun really worth it compared to something at $995 etc etc ) Sale pricing might have pushed me into a decision but as it is I'll probably continue to waffle.

Boxing week sales anyone?
    Last edited by sailor723; 11-26-2014 at 06:21 AM.

1911's? Mouse Pad? (Really?) T-shirt? Lame.

Nice selection, too bad I already have a bunch of 1911s. I'd be willing to trade up but the price is a killer for me.
    Add someone's name to a gun and add $2500.

I'd love a Springfield MC Operator -- very nice look.
    Last edited by 9mmGunGuy; 11-26-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Wow, nice selection. I currently have 3 1911's in 45acp. I really like the looks of that Marine Issued 1911 but really, over $3000? Come on now. Oh well. By the way, one of my 1911's is the Ruger full size. It is a fantastic gun for the price!
    Member of CSSA,IPSC, ORA, NFA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just ordered the Les Baer Hemi ! I've been wanting one of those for a while now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I am having trouble choosing but this Colt Gold Cup, sure like a classic grab... JP.