Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A couple interesting items from TAB Gear. Update, WieBad gear is now in Canada! .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Is the Todd tac pad good for shooting prone?
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

It wouldn't be a good choice as a dedicated rear bag. It does the job if you need to use it as one in a pinch for the sake of speed.

So what's a good rear bag for a AICS stock. I'm shooting PR

I like a small beanbag. Of what is available on the market right now, I wold choose a Red Tac Gear 1/2 Pint. It's smaller than any of the other rear bags I've seen for sale. Steve got me the one I have.

I like even smaller though, so I made my own custom one... It's slightly bigger than those mini-coke cans.

CGN frequent flyer arcticcathonda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    I run Viper skins on my AICS , I find it really depends on the height I need to have my Atlas set at. I too may end up making another one of my own bags similar to the coke can size. Just having trouble finding the nice light weight fill. Not a fan of the airsoft bbs or sand.

Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    For Canadian PR I like the TAB or WieBad 3 sided rear bags on my AT. I personally never liked round bags but everyone is different.

I have been trying the mini Tac-Pad as a rear bag and it isn't bad but the lightweight fill squishes more than the standard bags which is pretty stable but doesn't give as much change in height for the same squeeze. I did find if you tighten the straps on the bag it firms it up a bit. Still need a bit more time to decide whether I like it as a rear bag or not.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticcathonda View Post
    I run Viper skins on my AICS , I find it really depends on the height I need to have my Atlas set at. I too may end up making another one of my own bags similar to the coke can size. Just having trouble finding the nice light weight fill. Not a fan of the airsoft bbs or sand.
    I have a 4x6 core bean and in not getting enough height so I ordered a 7x5 black camo from skull boy . Hopefully it will give me the right height.

Go to Micheals ang get the little beads they sell for stuffing. Has a picture of a teddy bear on the front of the bag. This is what has traditionally been used in bags.

CGN frequent flyer arcticcathonda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kombayotch View Post
    Go to Micheals ang get the little beads they sell for stuffing. Has a picture of a teddy bear on the front of the bag. This is what has traditionally been used in bags.
    Thanks! Will check that out, Got enough Cordura kicking around to whip a couple things up.

Quote Originally Posted by kombayotch View Post
    After using these for nearly a couple months, this is what I've found:

Pump Pillow

Not as useful as the Todd Tac-Pad, but when it's useful, it's very useful. In most cases, it could be replaced with a backpack that had a jacket or something stuffed in it. I haven't found any reason or advantage to putting my arm through it. I've attached a 1.5 foot long piece of para cord to it and made a loop on the end that goes into a Grimloc on my mag belt. So, it just hangs behind my leg till I want to use it. If I need more slack, I just open the Grimloc and release the cord. Where it excels:

-Shooting over a steep peak where the Todd Tac-Pad would not be high enough
    -Barricades that are too high to support your elbow on your knee, but low enough to force you to squat
    -Positions on barricades where you are between being able to put your elbow on your knee and being able to use the Todd Tac-Pad under your elbow on the ground.
    -Between your hips and the barricade on odd shaped barricades to support your midsection (eg. a pile of tires, etc...)

Again, it could be replaced by a stuffed pack if one was handy. In real life, that would be more practical. In a match, the pump pillow is definitely more convenient having it hanging off the belt.

Todd Tac-Pad

Of the three backs, this one is the most versatile. Things I've used it for:

-Rear or elbow support on rooftops that aren't steep.
    -As a barricade bag on barricades that don't have small openings.
    -As a rear bag on both flat and uneven surfaces.
    -Low barricade positions, between my elbow and the ground.
    -Barricades that are too high to support your elbow on your knee, but low enough to force you to squat (but lower than where the pump pillow can be used.
    -Standing position as shown above.
    -"Canadian" kneeling position. This is where you put the mag on your knee. I put the bag between the butt stock and my belly on the shooting arm side for added support.
    -Tradition sling kneeling position. I put it on my support arm and rest in on my belly and knee for added support beyond what the sling and knee-arm are providing.
    -As ankle support for kneeling positions.
    -Supporting the rifle in rollover (urban) prone low side position.
    -On its side, in every situation the Pump Pillow is used in. It can be used in the same way, it's just not as stable and compresses more if you put weight on it.

If I had to choose only one of these three bags, it would be this one.

SAP Run N' Gun

To be honest, I haven't really warmed up to this bag. It doesn't offer anything over the Todd Tac-Pad as a barricade bag. I prefer my Corebox over either as a barricade bag or a rear bag because it fits into tighter places. I've been using this bag mainly as ankle support. I strap it to my ankle and it's always there. Plus, it moves with me when I adjust my positions to engage different targets.
    Have used these bags at several matches now and the Pump Pillow is by far the one I use the most. This is a VERY useful bag! I've used it far more often than the Todd Tac-Pad.

I've discovered that sitting on it, with it either on the ground or on your heels helps stabilize your body a lot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast