Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Port Elgin M14 Clinic 25 Jan 2015 DeBrief HERE!

Pretty excited for Sunday Barney..... How many guys are you expecting?
    Are there any special tools I can bring? (pin punches, guage blocks, indicators...etc)
    I have a home machine shop with lots of cool tools... so just let me know if you would like anything non main-stream brought along that we can use for the group.
    Cheers!

CGN Regular
    Barney will you be needing the "bulged-barrel-turned-to-tools" for this one? I have it cut up and sitting here, just keep forgetting to run it up to you.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macds View Post
    Pretty excited for Sunday Barney..... How many guys are you expecting?
    Are there any special tools I can bring? (pin punches, guage blocks, indicators...etc)
    I have a home machine shop with lots of cool tools... so just let me know if you would like anything non main-stream brought along that we can use for the group.
    Cheers!
    Allen tools, pin punches, rubber mallet. That should do it. Notebook, digital camera, and a sense of humor!

We will have fun. We are having to keep under eight folks because of the limited space. At least in Dunville, we have lots of room to spread out.

Hey, DAHS... no need to hurry on them tools. You can always mail them up to me and I can EMT you the cost of postage.

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Just packing up right now for tomorrow's adventure in Port Elgin!

For sale, I have:

Archangel stock
    Op Rod HRA
    Op Rod Norinco
    Trigger Group USGI NOS in Box/bag
    Trigger Group USGI winchester / HRA
    Op rod springs, American
    NM USGI contract sights
    NM stainless op rod guide (only one)
    Flash suppressors M1A
    5/10 rds Springfield m1a magazines

More grease syringes for $2 as always

ONE more sleep!

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 01-24-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Awesome to see Port Elgin hosting something like this.
    Thanks to everyone evolved.
    With so many flavours in this world, why choose to be salty?

Business Member
    All tools are packed and the duffle bag is sitting in the garage ready for rapid deployment tomorrow AM. Sample rifles are locked up and ready to load into truck in the AM. Stuff for sale is loaded up in milk crate. So, one more sleep and we are gonna celebrate the M14 love in Port Elgin.

Now I am also bringing a Garand for teaching purposes... why not ,eh?

I have to start getting ready for my evening shift at the Blue Mtn chairlifts, then we rock and roll tomorrow AM.

Cheers,
    Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    I've got the tables set and the forecast calls for sunshine. That is rare around here in winter. It should be a good day for travel. Parking is on the street, either side. Let Tactical Teacher park right in front.
    I mentioned before and I am not kidding, the snowmobile trail goes right past the door so beware entering and exiting the building. Look both ways. I had to wait for a machine to go by today. I smile and wave.
    Hope to see you all tomorrow. If you have any questions regarding directions or Port Elgin feel free to PM me.

CGN Regular
    Wish I could attend - been a while since I attended one of Barney's clinics.
    Shot quite a few .22 through the Lee Enfield's and Anschutz's in that building back in the day on the 340 Squadron Air Cadet's Rifle Team. Good times!
    Hope you guys all have a great day.

Tactical teacher,
    Thanks for you time today. You really help clarify the "what matters" with the m14 for me. Your patience and practicality in explaining the fundamentals is much appreciated.
    Cant wait to get the new projects going here in the shop

Duck,
    Thank you for setting this up for us, and being there much ahead of schedule to have things organized and the heat on! You provided a nice learning environment for us.

To the other attendees, it was a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope to enjoy your company again in the future.

All in all, a nice day to get together with a few other nutz, and do some tinkering.

Business Member
    I had a riot with you guys today. What a great time. Talk about fun and learning. I picked up a great deal from all of you out in the Lake Huron area.

Many thanks to theDuck for making this happen at Port Elgin Sportsmen's Club. Without your help and sacrifice of the day, this event would not happen... I'm so grateful for his efforts.

I'm super grateful for the opportunity to meet you guys from this club. All kinds of laughs and memories in that classroom or clubhouse.

I'm unpacking right now and I'm bushed. All good fun. All a great effort for super happy results. I bet all of you are stoked on doing some range work follow up to examine for improvements. Hey, it's a Norinco, you can only make it better.

So, what are you guys taking away from this clinic? What did you learn? What sticks in your head the most?

Cheers and keep sharing the knowledge with the noobs!

Barney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast