Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto and no car!

Quote Originally Posted by kisskissbangbang View Post
    Thank you all.
    OK, consensus is get a license! I plan to start this in the new year but the process will take some time and whether or not my budget living in the city can afford a car is something I will need to consider down the road. I will definitely be active here and would love the beer and wings get-togethers, ride sharing would be great too after my PAL is sorted out.
    Just one other thing, I'm under the impression that you need to be a member of a gun club to purchase a firearm (whether restricted or non-restricted). If this is the case it will be difficult to join a club without the car first, even with rideshares, so I'd be limited to places where I can rent. Another kink in the plan!

Thanks again guys.
    Where abouts do you live in the city? I don't take public transit as I drive, how hard would it be for you to get to markham?
    Last edited by andrewg; 11-28-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Where abouts do you live in the city?
    Near spadina underground station.

I wasn't aware you didn't need to be a member of a club to purchase a NRF, thanks for letting me know!

Lakeshore Arms Academy

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Welcome to the Big Show @CGN !
    First off , have you researched Metro Toronto's Web page for what they consider and allowed to carry on their property?
    That would be my first step.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    That is the best information right there.

Its a $500 fine in Ottawa public transit if caught.(plus the ass pain) I'm sureToronto has "by-laws" both internal to the TTC that prohibit almost any firearm replica or not on their property. Invest in a good pack and bicycle until you can afford alternative transport.

Quote Originally Posted by kisskissbangbang View Post
    Near spadina underground station.

I wasn't aware you didn't need to be a member of a club to purchase a NRF, thanks for letting me know!
    non restricted- walk in show them your pal, pay, walk out with firearm.

restricted- walk in show them your pal, theyll have to transfer the gun to you, so you leave empty handed that day. return when the transfer is complete and the att( authorization to transport) issued for you to take it home. when you get it home you get to stare longingly at it until you actually get a membership and an att to get it to and from the range.

i lived in toronto when i bought my first restricted. i had it for two and a half years before i got to shoot it, and that was when i moved to winnipeg. ive gone buck wild over here with my new found freedom lol.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Get a license. Then if you cat afford a car try one of those car sharing services... Might be an option

Given your situation owning firearms for the purpose of target shooting's going to be very difficult.

https://www.ttc.ca/Riding_the_TTC/TTC_Bylaws/index.jsp

P.S. Get a licence, lol.

CGN frequent flyer
    I also live in downtown Toronto (actually even further towards the middle of it than you.. ) and I can't imagine trying to pursue shooting/hunting from here without a car. I have a number of friends who use those ZipCar type services when they need a car, but obviously you need a D/L (and a credit card.. ). I wouldn't even try carrying your gun on transit - I'm a harmless (well, harmless looking at least...) ol' pensioner lady, and I still try to be as invisible as possible when I'm loading guns & stuff into my car coz I really don't want a SWAT team arriving because of a nosy neighbor......

I have just been reading about car sharing/ZipCars and they sounds fantastic, really useful just beyond shooting! Looks like thats the first step.
    Thanks again all!

Just don't lose any spent brass behind the seats in a ZipCar, I can only imagine the scene that would cause in Toronto when it's found.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast