Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toronto and no car!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    sorry wrong Thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So Ottawa public transit won't allow a member of a sports club to use the bus and bright their equipment but a band member can get a ride to a bar?

Wow. Glad I don't take public transit.

CGN Regular
    Hello

I am sorry to say but, gun ownership does not fit well with the typical "never leave downtown" lifestyle. You might make it work but this is not gonna be easy.

You will need at the very least a car or very good friends.
    Fact: in 100% of the fake guns related shootings the victims is always the one with the fake gun

Quote Originally Posted by kisskissbangbang View Post
    I have just been reading about car sharing/ZipCars and they sounds fantastic, really useful just beyond shooting! Looks like thats the first step.
    Thanks again all!
    The first step would be getting a licence so you can drive a zip car.

BANNED
    Probably far easier to find a handgun club with openings than a rifle club that you can get to by TTC(Take The Car).
    Start by calling here if a current member of one doesn't come along.
    CANADIAN SHOOTING SPORTS ASSOCIATION
    Address: 3 Director Court, Unit #104
    City: Vaughan, Ontario
    Phone: (905)265-0692

Some shooting clubs offer the option of storing your firearms in location for a yearly fee... Might be an option in your case.

There's Target Sports up in Gormley near Stouffeville and Woodbine but it's an expensive club with bad air quality and won't allow you to shoot anything larger than .223 or .50AE for $40/day with a non membership. That's assuming they aren't busy with group shooters or members (which is almost never unless you go during the week on business hours) or $20 as a guest with a member. Other clubs in the area like Aurora and Oshawa don't seem to be taking any new members for a few years.

Otherwise, we're stuck going to Silverdale down near St. Catherines (about an hour drive from downtown). It's decently priced ($30/day alone or $20/day as a member's guest) and they're always accepting new members but the staff there seem to walk and talk like they got sticks up their @$$es. If you can live with that, it's a decent club/range to visit.

This is your ONLY option.

ht tp://www.lakeshorearms.ca/index.html

(remove space between ht and tp)

Quote Originally Posted by kisskissbangbang View Post
    Greetings all,
    I posted an introduction but i'll echo it here saying I've been browsing for awhile and I look forward to chatting with you all and learning a lot!
    I'm in Toronto and want to get into target shooting (initially .22LR) but unfortunately I don't drive. Since I'm smack in the centre of downtown I have no need for a car (other than, apparently, getting to a place to shoot!!) which means I'm stuck with public transportation. I haven't been able to find any ranges within a reasonable distance and I was wondering two things:

(1) Is there a range or club anywhere accessible by TTC within reason (like an hour or so)?
    (2) The technicals (and legality) of transporting a non-restricted firearm on public transport

I'm looking at getting the Ruger 10/22 Takedown that would allow me to carry it in a bag that wouldn't cause undo alarm to people of the public as the bag it comes with looks relatively normal (i.e. non rifle-like).
    If anyone could point me in the right direction on either that would be great. I've tried searching for similar question re: Toronto range but most of the posts are old and the links provided are dead. Evidently there isn't an indoor range right downtown, surely this would have a massive consumer base if someone opened one up?

Cheers everyone,
    KKBB
    What you did right there in bold was state an intent to commit an indictable offence. You cannot carry a firearm in something to deliberately conceal it from others, even if it is for a seemingly innocuous reason for preventing "undue alarm"

Be careful with that.

EDIT: Just realized that you're talking about the bag it comes with originally, that's a little different. But still, watch your intent when you put a firearm in something. NEVER say you put it in a particular bag to "prevent alarm".
    Last edited by Knottybuoy; 12-25-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Remember the Alamo

Also if you get your DL you could just rent a car from budget for like $20 for the day shoot as long and where ever you want.

Might be an option

Shawn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123