Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Canpar......What the hell?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DVXDUDE's Avatar

Canpar......What the hell?

Sorry I had to make this thread. You guys don't answer emails.

Is there another shipping company you guys can use???? I work 5 days a week 5am-6pm so there is no possible way I can receive any packages from these idiots unless I take a day off work.

Looks like I have to drive an hour out of my way to pick it up at there facility if Im not home tomorrow to sign for it......

Now I understand why its free shipping.....F'n Canpar.....
    Jesus was a carpenter....but, his father's an IRONWORKER

Not gonna lie I feel your pain, the pickup window in Regina is 7:30 to 8:15 am in the morning. Pretty Ridiculous.

I was just recently thinking about making a whining thread as well.. Theyre facility is an hour from me as well... Which i had to make the trip...
    They left me a sticky on my door with instructions to sign and leave the package someplace where i would write...
    But i guess when chain of signature is required they cant leave the package regardless..
    The driver circled "2 attempts have been made the package will now be returned to the shipper"

Had fun with them this week (not a package from CanAm however).

The contracting company for Canpar just delivered my package to work when I called them after first delivery attempt.

Why can't they just leave it at the door if I sign off on the thing.
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

all delivery companies are idiots

try dhl

CGN frequent flyer
    You can add instructions to hold the parcel at their depot for pickup when you place your order, or you can phone Canpar with your tracking number once the package is in transit and ask them to hold it. Then you can leave work an hour early and pick it up on your way home, or something like that.

Word of warning though - before you go, call the depot and ask them to physically check that your package is there. I have picked up about 5 or 6 packages from my local depot and they have NEVER been there on the day they were supposed to be. I have always either shown up and it's not there, or called, been told it was ready, then when I ask them to go check visually, they can't find it. Seems the drivers don't pay attention to the notices posted on the job board in the morning and simply put the boxes back on the truck for delivery.

I've seen the same thing with UPS where I phone in to ask to have it held, and they tell me at 2:00 in the afternoon that the truck is already loaded for the next day, and another delivery attempt has to be made because the driver can't take out the box in the morning before leaving the warehouse, apparently.

On a different note, I discovered today that it costs me less to send a parcel to Norway than to send the same envelope from Alberta to Ontario. Don't you love shipping goods?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DVXDUDE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post

I tried....They said its signature required from the seller......I understand that....But when I write on the slip for them to hide it behind the cedar hedge beside my front door.....They still wont do it...

All I want is my package...like pulling teeth.....Have another package coming next week that will be the same thing over again.....GRRRRRRRRRRR
    Jesus was a carpenter....but, his father's an IRONWORKER

Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post

I'm guessing it's because the 'shipper' has specified that a signature must be obtained and the person must be present... Canpar doesn't know the contents. But the shipper is liable to ensure the product sold to the person presenting a PAL is in fact the person receiving the product. CYA for both parties.

I actually had a Canpar slip on my door just now when I got home from work. My frustration is that they will be making a second attempt tomorrow... When again I won't be home and at work. I'd like to be able to contact them to say leave it at the warehouse and I will pick it up during the day... Now I will be doing that, but can't until Friday after they fail their second attempt tomorrow... ...

What they should be doing is first - try during the day... Second attempt - in the evening. After that, customer pickup.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

I had a terrible experience with them especially when trying to pick up my package. I filed a complaint with Canpar.

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast