Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Field Notes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    I also notice you sell the Rite in the rain series. Which waterproof memo books do you prefer and why?
    I prefer the Field Note books due to size (thickness) for carrying around, putting in a pocket, writing on, looks etc.

I do keep a Rite in the Rain notebook in my truck through for emergency use.

I haven't had either out in the rain or wet conditions for long periods of time, however I might lean towards the Rite in the Rain for conditions that I know will be not stop wet.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

The field notes expedition edition.. Is it a three pack as well, like the others?
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty sure it is. Shipment should be here Tuesday so I can confirm.

Placed my order last night, guess we'll see.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BANNED
    Nice gift..

They are.

It's one of those things almost everyone would like and use.

My thoughts exactly.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The field notes expedition edition.. Is it a three pack as well, like the others?
    It is a 3 pack.

Salty Knife Nut
    I have a 3 set ordered. I have been using write in the rain pads and pens for some time. I usually use top flip notepads due to me left-handedness but will be giving these a shot.

BANNED
    I have been using the 'rite in the rains' for years and they are awesome. Why, I may even fire up the old dreadnaught motorcycle this summer to come down to your shop and pick some up!

Farmboy, if you are selling the waterproofer notebooks, you need to sell the writing instrument too. There are the bomb proof 'tactical pens' out there but I figure if I want a weapon I will carry one. For me, I use a Staedtler mechanical drafting pencil with the 2mm pencil leads. Pencils don't freeze and they don't blow up in your pocket on hot summer days. The Staedtler drafting pencils are so robust you will almost certainly lose them before you break them. I always have notes and pencils on the range or on camping trips to make notes of stuff I've forgotten or stuff I gotta do for the next trip.

I love the BB gun test. When I was a kid and pitched BB gun wars were being waged that would have been a big selling feature and I would have been looking for ones in a size big enough to cover my butt! The 'Texas Lung Shot' was the shot of choice amongst the snipers of my day...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast