Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bulk Powder?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDerp View Post
    Not to praise another dealer in this forum but I've had good luck with Higginson's. It's just a bit rough without him having online ordering.
    Since Canada Ammo only sells primers, I don't feel that bad talking about Higginson's as they're not a competitor. I've had nothing but great service from Higginson's.

Canada Ammo should get into the reloading sales game, although I hear the margin for reloading supplies is really thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Happypillz View Post
    Black Powder is an invention of the Chinese.

The modern smokeless powder wasn't invented by the Chinese.

In 1884, Paul Vieille invented a smokeless powder called Poudre B (short for poudre blanche—white powder, as distinguished from black powder) made from 68.2% insoluble nitrocellulose, 29.8% soluble nitrocellusose gelatinized with ether and 2% paraffin. This was adopted for the Lebel rifle.
    He was joking, bud.

i would definitely be interested in some of these powders if CanAm can get this worked out!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We need fraser valley, good truck access, regular eyes on site, etc

Alternatly, we may be looking at Halifax area due the the reg changes in QC
    Chris, I've got some questions about what you are looking for, shoot me a msg and I'll see if I might now a place or two.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubie97 View Post
    Chris, I've got some questions about what you are looking for, shoot me a msg and I'll see if I might now a place or two.
    I don't use PMs, but you can email me at info@CanadaAmmo.com

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herpinator45 View Post
    I am interested. That being said I am a little bit sceptical in relation to the quality. I could see there being lots available but no load data as it could be OEM pulldown. That is fine if you are loading 100K per lot and you can develop load data.
    I would love to be proved wrong though. If it was clean burning, consistent and available I would be down for 50# of pistol powder. Hopefully it is cleaner burning than Norinco 5.56 rifle powder
    Why do people say this??? From what I have seen from shooting 5000+ rounds of the Norinco 5.56 ammo the stuff is extremely clean and very good ammo. I only had one bullet primer that didn't work out of all the rounds i shot. One bullet that didn't go bang, out of thousands ... I would say that it is a very dependable round. It hits hard too. It will punch holes clean through 3/8" mild steel plate at 75 yards. I only wish i had bought more of the stuff.

If I was able to buy the reload components for this round at about 25 cents a round. I would be a consistent buyer of them!

Hey Canada ammo any progress on getting in some powder?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    What do the Chinese know about gunpowder?!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Longshot's Avatar
    Would be pretty awesome having a powder supplier on the west coast!
    "Guns don't kill people.People kill people.Guns defend people from people with....smaller guns."

The powder manufacturers like IMR are all in eastern Canada they were all Canadian owned at one time but now are owned by American companies and The US gets priority before Canada's orders would be filled. Made in Canada and shipped straight across the boarder.