Thread: quebec restricted license

quebec restricted license

Apparently I am required to go to a police station and fill out a form before i can sent my application forms to mirimachi, is this true or just more quebec nonsense
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

CGN frequent flyer
    Quebec nonsense.

BANNED
    You fill out the required forms take them to your local police station and they stamp and sign them.. just read the forms it will tell you that..

And don't be surprised if the locals don't know what to do.. Also they are supposed to mail them for you after you apply the appropriate postage and envelope.

I volunteered this myself as I did not want them to futz it up and have me start all over..

Yes, there is an extra form to fill out. it has nothing to do with your PAL application - its merely a confirmation that YOU are applying in YOUR name and not for someone else.

I went to the central station in Laval, on Chomedey boulevard. THe lady constable (very cute and young) came out to the lobby, asked for my drivers licence, checked my papers quickly, then signed and stamped the receipt and I was done.

She knew what to do, was not rude or abusive, and they do not check the RCMP forms - its not their mandate. They are just there to indentify YOU as the applicant.

We even talked for a few minutes about their target practice qualifications. So it was all good. Be polite, and cooperative and it will go smoothly.

Alright thanks for the info boys
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

I applied earlier this year and took it to my local police station for their review and authorization. They offered to mail my application for me. They really didn't give me a choice. I assume because the officers name and badge number was on the document or something like that. Anyway, they sent it and it made its way to Miramichi without problems and my RPAL was a approved and sent within 60 days.