Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    They look pretty good, nice job!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    yes, something that would reset, so you can hit it and after a time, or after you shoot the reset, it is good to go again.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

Business Member FraserValleyTargets's Avatar
    I can tell you that with hot .308 fmj's at close range the chain is subject to failure and inside 50 meters small deformities can form on the surface of the 3/8th plate. But 7.62x39 inside 50 meters does not unless directly on an edge and the chain can stop a Barnaul 7.62x39mm strike inside 30 meters although the link was slightly deformed. 1/2" plate handles everything better even .50bmg.
    Last edited by FraserValleyTargets; 01-11-2015 at 01:09 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    The shipping to Toronto is pretty cheap considering the weight. Do you have any in stock that would will handle 300 Win mag
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Yes for sure, sorry about the delay, but the 1/2" plate will certainly handle 300 win mag.

CGN Regular
    Hi and welcome. Just curious, you said that plate had been shot with 7.62x54r.... what kind of ammunition and out of what rifle was this?

Soft point, I think 180 grain, out of a Mosin negant at 100 meters

Very happy customer of FVT. Ordered a IDPA and 8" gong along with the brackets for the stand. (could source re-bar and chain here). These targets are for work purposes, and they are our first metal ones.
    I dealt closely with Matt, who answered every email promptly, and patiently worked through our requisition and payment process. The targets arrived quickly by Canada Post, and they were wrapped in an inordinate amount of cardboard and plastic wrap which protected them nicely.

First range test was great. The AR500 gave no complaints to the 70+ rounds of Federal 168g BTHP GMM from 100m-450m.
    I did test the IDPA target with two rounds of our 165g Federal bonded ammunition from 100m. These left considerable craters however their designed purpose (while not AP) is barrier penetration. I expected this result, and is no way a factor into the quality of these targets.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the transaction and product from FVT and would not hesitate to purchase any of their products.

Pup

FVT needs a website BAD. People are lazy, if you could sell directly through an online shopping cart you'd be rolling in $. Even if you didn't get an online shopping cart going, the exposure of a website with options and prices laid out cleanly and simply would be pretty beneficial

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast