Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Arrival SKS from Ukraine (mostly unriferbished unfired , bayonet looks gold)

Another excellent question, it's as if your reading my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by espresso604 View Post
    Another excellent question, it's as if your reading my mind.
    Yup...late to the show; sucks to be me..
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by sergey96 View Post
    Ban is in effect still. Westrifle is special case. I do not want to explain why, and how we did it?
    Ban is still in effect but not for Ukraine . There is nothing (Sorry ) special about Westrifle . O ,ha ! Ammo from Lugansk STILL banned .

CGN Regular
    Debated buying this one too long...

I like the sks snipers-what sort of long range performance could we expect from one and what kind of match 7.62x39 ammo can we expect to see?? Does Lapua make any or maybe even some federal gold medal match? If anyone knows of ammo that would really showcase the potential of this platform I'd love to hear about it!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hbar2 View Post
    I like the sks snipers-what sort of long range performance could we expect from one and what kind of match 7.62x39 ammo can we expect to see?? Does Lapua make any or maybe even some federal gold medal match? If anyone knows of ammo that would really showcase the potential of this platform I'd love to hear about it!!!
    With the sniper version you can actually hit the side of a barn 95% of the time. You can get some match grade Norinco, it comes in crates.
    I like guns....

Quote Originally Posted by hbar2 View Post
    they call those the SVD.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ostrof View Post
    Ban is still in effect but not for Ukraine . There is nothing (Sorry ) special about Westrifle . O ,ha ! Ammo from Lugansk STILL banned .
    Obviously you are not aware what is going on in the world of surplus firearms . You are not aware about bans on export from Ukraine. You are not aware about political and financial situation in Ukraine. Are you aware of war that going on ? If you don't like westrifle.com it is your choice. We have been exporting firearms and ammunition since 2004 so we kind of know what is going on over there and we have contracts signed up to 2018.
    If there is nothing special how come we are still getting Sks and Mosin into the country and there is no other dealer that brought any from Ukraine in the past year.
    Now Lugansk factory. I know exactly what is going on there. It is civil war. Factory is not operational because all the people that worked there had to move to Russia or other parts of Ukraine. Equipment is hidden and once war is over everything is going to become available again. I hold exclusive agreement with Lugansk and I also pay every year to have them authorized in Canada.
    Жду вашего ответа !!!

Just Said good bye to the Canpar guy. Had the box open before he got out f the driveway. Rifle looks real nice. I'd agree that it looks unissued. Still has sawdust embedded in the cosmo under the gas tube cover. Also do not see any wear at all on the bolt components. I know that some of these parts could be changed, but there are also no refurb marks I can find.
    There are a couple of dings/scratches in the stock, looks like from going in/out of a crate. Bore is chromed, super-shiny even with some cosmo in it. Might be the shiniest bore I've ever seen.

Will do a short review thread at some point with pics before and after cleanup.

Oh, and I'll be shooting it. Probably stay away from corrosive, but I own guns to shoot them.
    If everyone gets one like this, they all should be very happy.
    "Howdy! I'm a Cowboy! BANG! BANG! B-B-B-BANG! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Bullet Bullet Gun! -- Emmet Brickowoski
    Member:

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post
    Obviously you are not aware what is going on in the world of surplus firearms . You are not aware about bans on export from Ukraine. You are not aware about political and financial situation in Ukraine. Are you aware of war that going on ? If you don't like westrifle.com it is your choice. We have been exporting firearms and ammunition since 2004 so we kind of know what is going on over there and we have contracts signed up to 2018.
    If there is nothing special how come we are still getting Sks and Mosin into the country and there is no other dealer that brought any from Ukraine in the past year.
    Now Lugansk factory. I know exactly what is going on there. It is civil war. Factory is not operational because all the people that worked there had to move to Russia or other parts of Ukraine. Equipment is hidden and once war is over everything is going to become available again. I hold exclusive agreement with Lugansk and I also pay every year to have them authorized in Canada.
    Жду вашего ответа !!!
    I wonder if you guys go there to pick those rifles at the spot. Might be very dangerous business these days, if so. Though, the collector value of those might go up, as those rifles were brought from a war zone. Bring them more, please. May be it will make less chances that those weapons will get into bad hands over there and end someone's life.

I guess the technical problem could be that Lugansk has proclaimed itself as a separate country/republic and don't want to be called Ukraine any more. Hence the contracts might become not legit from the prospective of Lugansk People Republic laws (if it ever has such). So, lets hurry up to buy those SKS while they last.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast