Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backpacker FRT#

I ll agree, they really are being ' retards ' if this is a problem. It's very simple, and something they should know. Sad that this could be an issue, not really surprised I guess.

The RCMP website has all the information on it. Print it out if you are worried, and yeah it will have the RCMP logo ect on it.

Here is a PDF of the Firearms Regulations regarding non-restriced firearms for easy printing
    h ttp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/PDF/clas-eng.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
    They (he/she) are "being retards".

Is the saying, "ignorance of the law is not an excuse", not clear in it's meaning. The conservation office is responsible for knowing the basic legalities of what their work encompasses including firearm reg's - aside from the public sector entitlements of holiday pay and sick leave. As such, it is their legal responsibility to know the letter of the law and how to exerciser that knowledge.
    amen. it's their job to know these things. almost as dumb as a cop pulling you over because he's not sure the speed limit.

I had an encounter with one that thought my 7mm-08 Berger handloads were and I quote, "military full metal jacket hollow points". I was like "um..... nope not really" hahaha

Almost said something really sassy but decided not to

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    Anyways, I took it out today and the front sight is twisted forward in the barrel and the handguard fell off on the first shot.

What are you shooting out of it? Mine did that with buck shot. I think they are only good for bird shot.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    Anyways, I took it out today and the front sight is twisted forward in the barrel and the handguard fell off on the first shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    What are you shooting out of it? Mine did that with buck shot. I think they are only good for bird shot.
    Have you guys tried tightening-up the three M5 flat-head (slotted) screws holding the forend latch and the (forend) knuckle? Get those nice and snug with a well fitting flathead screwdriver and that might alleviate the issue of a loose forend.

Check out this YouTube vid for details, (hope it helps):

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
    Have you guys tried tightening-up the three M5 flat-head (slotted) screws holding the forend latch and the (forend) knuckle? Get those nice and snug with a well fitting flathead screwdriver and that might alleviate the issue of a loose forend.

Check out this YouTube vid for details, (hope it helps):

Yeah that was the first thing I did when I got home, I also welded a little tab on the end of the latch to try and get a tighter fit. That spring they use isn't bad, I just have to fix the front sight now. It's pretty messed up, so it may require a bubba custom drill job and an 'upgraded' front sight lol. I want to be able to shoot every kind of shell available, I even have some small caliber adapters. I figure when I'm done with this, it'll be a versatile hunting shotgun. I live in BC so I rarely have to make shots past 20 yards. The other issue is going to be rust, but I figure if I leave the Chinese packing grease in the trigger assembly, the rest of the gun is easy to keep oiled so it won't too bad.

I'm not sure about any other backpackers, but the checkering on mine is hilarious, you can see all the overcuts from the factory worker like something a middle school shop class would produce.

Well yeah... There is a reason they are $100... But worth it I think at that price.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgery View Post
    I'm not sure about any other backpackers, but the checkering on mine is hilarious, you can see all the overcuts from the factory worker like something a middle school shop class would produce.
    Yah, everything about this gun is half-assed. But, for the price, one cannot complain. And a fun boom-stick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast