Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you need constant range membership in order to own restricteds?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlip View Post
    Similar to this--whenever I do a transfer, they ask me what club I belong to. If my membership expires, will I have to get another membership before I can have another restricted transferred to me?
    in manitoba - yes

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFlip View Post
    Similar to this--whenever I do a transfer, they ask me what club I belong to. If my membership expires, will I have to get another membership before I can have another restricted transferred to me?
    You can buy restricted without being a member so i would imagine you still transfer/buy after it expires.

CGN Regular
    My Alberta LTATT condition states ''The holder must be a member in good standing of an approved shooting club OR, the guest of a member of an approved shooting club.''

So why would the LTATT be no good if you don't renew your membership and just want to shoot as a guest at another range?
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength

In Ontario its not an issue to buy a few restricteds without a range membership.

Perhaps if you suddenly bought 5 handguns and an AR in a day, without being a member of a range they might red flag that and say no. From what I understand, they might red flag that anyway and say no even if you have a range membership.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12