Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819

Thread: M-16/AR-15 parts sets

In case anybody missed the point I was trying to make, it is that this thread discussion became so utterly fixated on details of the sear, and milling pockets and whatnot, to the Nth degree (like it makes any difference anyway), that it better belongs in the black rifle forum than here, and take the spotlight off that aspect of John's kit offering, as it has ceased to have anything to do with ordering things from him and such.
    A nod and a wink is enough said at this point, know what I mean? ;-)
    Last edited by El_Monty457; 05-14-2015 at 10:22 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well, I am going to order an Dpms AR10, and was wondering if the parts kit would be the same and the parts could be used on it, or are the parts more heavy duty??

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well, I am going to order an Dpms AR10, and was wondering if the parts kit would be the same and the parts could be used on it, or are the parts more heavy duty??
    The takedown pins and bolt catch are different on an AR10, also I think the hammer spring is heavier.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus1866 View Post
    The takedown pins and bolt catch are different on an AR10, also I think the hammer spring is heavier.
    Thanks for the info! Sooo, johnone, do you have any kits for AR10?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    Just an observation on the kit I got...the screw to hold the grip on is too long. It bottoms out before the grip is snugged down. Not a big deal as I have extras of that part but thought I should mention it. The rest of the parts used worked fine.
    μολὼν λαβέ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Got my made in Taiwan LPK today
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I'd love any of the Taiwanese guns.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I'd love any of the Taiwanese guns.
    me too - real M14's and M16's, nice!
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    Just an observation on the kit I got...the screw to hold the grip on is too long. It bottoms out before the grip is snugged down. Not a big deal as I have extras of that part but thought I should mention it. The rest of the parts used worked fine.
    Just thought I would put it out there, I just completed two builds from these parts kits, I had no issue with the Hand grip fastener on either Lowers I used, perhaps there is something stuck in the threaded hole? In either case these are definitely milspec M-16 AR-15 LPK.

I also bought some DD kits fro the other guy and they are Okay but the trigger pull on the DD kits are Crunchy like an SKS, I kid you not I am disappointed with all the hype about Daniel Defense only to find that the Trigger in the LPK is sub par.

The trigger on the Taiwanese kit is Crisp, and it is nice that the kit is what it is, it has a cool factor. I would buy some more next month just to have in stock.