Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Will you be getting the Browning 1911 in 380ACP?

Yup still haven't got mine either, kind of a dissapointment when you get on a pre order to obtain faster than searching for in stock once released then several months later see places with them in stock while you wait. I understand that one can't control this type of thing when at the mercy of importers, but the amount of pre orders taken should have been capped not run like a special order item with a deposit.

And before people jump on this, yes I've special ordered several guns in the past and played the waiting game, as stated this wasn't a special order it was a pre order giving the impression supply would meet the demand when the order showed up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    I guess the silence is representative of the level of customer service that exists in today's Canadian retail business.

Anybody else still waiting on their "pre-order"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    So what is Wanstalls telling you guys when you call and ask?
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

When I have called was always told more coming next week, should be next week that was months ago, last time I emailed two months ago I didn't even get a response, I try to honour their wishes and not call all the time to check on it.

To be honest I kind of forgot about it last couple months until I ordered some exploding targets from them for the Ruger contest and then again last night was moving ammo around and came across my stock pile of .380acp but at this point don't care and don't even want the gun anymore.

I'm setting a reminder in my phone right now to call tomorrow and if one isn't sitting there ready to ship I'm going to see if I can get my deposit back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    So what is Wanstalls telling you guys when you call and ask?
    Last I checked , still nothing ... That was maybe a month or more ago .

expired Business Member
    Last edited by Bartons Big Country; 10-12-2015 at 03:05 PM.

CGN Regular
    People are waiting for Browning 1911-380ACP to arrive??
    I've had mine for a couple of months now, purchased from CSC - Calgary Shooting Centre....give them a try!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    I'd like an explanation personally.

They called me while I was offshore working several months ago and told my wife it was ready for pick up. When I got home and called they confirmed credit card info. Then I never hear a word back.

THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THIS PREORDER STINKS !!! I AS THE PAYING CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CHASE AFTER A RETAILER.

I too am at the point where I don't even want the gun anymore because of this fiasco and I stockpiled 4000 rounds for it.
    Last edited by mildcustom2; 10-13-2015 at 08:29 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Sourcing extra mags for this gun seems impossible, complete unobtanium at the moment, I don't see any place that has them in stock state side either.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer