Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Will you be getting the Browning 1911 in 380ACP?

Expried Business Member
    Hey, we still have the Browning .380s available here, regarding mags we've had them on back order for about 6 months here, not sure when we'll see them but I'll be sure to update the thread when they do arrive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    1911 is a .45 ACP gun for this guy. End of discussion.
    There's other lighter more streamlined designs that fire such dinky calibers as the .380 auto/9mm Mak etc etc
    Their strength is in their compact size, simple designs, minimal recoil for fast follow up shots and light weight but trade off for a very low powered cartridge chambering.
    1911 in those calibers is the worst of both trade-offs combined into one pistol.
    Unless you're a 1911 collector/fanboy type then I guess every collection needs an oddity. Like those ridiculous double 1911's I guess.
    Not for me...
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Iam a 1911 guy and I still love this gun, used it in a 3 gun and cqb match already, I can put follow up shots on target extremely fast with this 380, something I can't do with a full size 1911 in .45. Only downside is the 8 round mag capacity. It's a great gun and when the new version with night sites comes out I'll be purchasing that too putting my browning 1911 count to 4.

And talking about underpowered pistols is a moot topic in Canada anyways, and if it weren't just think 75% of ccw pistols in the states are most likely 380, coming in at only 200fps slower than 9x19 it's still does the job
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Iam a 1911 guy and I still love this gun, used it in a 3 gun and cqb match already, I can put follow up shots on target extremely fast with this 380, something I can't do with a full size 1911 in .45. Only downside is the 8 round mag capacity. It's a great gun and when the new version with night sites comes out I'll be purchasing that too putting my browning 1911 count to 4.

And talking about underpowered pistols is a moot topic in Canada anyways, and if it weren't just think 75% of ccw pistols in the states are most likely 380, coming in at only 200fps slower than 9x19 it's still does the job
    I know. In Canada it's kind of a moot point because noone can carry in any way but something about a 1911 chambered in anything but .45 ACP just seems like.......sacrilege lol
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 02-20-2016 at 09:42 PM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I know. In Canada it's kind of a moot point because no no on carry in any way but something about a 1911 chambered in anything but .45 ACP just seems like.......sacrilege lol
    Meh, not really. It's a pistol designed by John Browning chambered in a different calibre, also designed by John Browning.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Refresh my memory. Do these retain the delayed blowback with link design of other larger 1911's or are these straight blowback like many small 380's?

Moe

Expried Business Member
    Refresh my memory. Do these retain the delayed blowback with link design of other larger 1911's or are these straight blowback like many small 380's?
    The action is a locked-breech design like larger 1911s

Expried Business Member
    Hey everyone, we've got some extra magazines available here for the Browning Black Label 1911 .380ACPs, I'm sure many of you would like to add a few to your collection to cut down a bit on reload times at the range.