Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Liberty ProVault Gun Safe 18Rifles Any Advice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Sweet talked wife , let me have spare downstairs bedroom . Turned into MAN CAVE , 2 10(12 in each) gun safes with top add on's (hand guns & ammo) , closet turned into gun closet (50+) Hi Def TV , Corner has Can. Tire lockable rolling tool box (big one) (parts , Ammo , & general junk in draws (stupid old guy can't post pics) Working good about 300 sporting goods (guns , knives, ETC )there now & working on more .

I have the provault 24 and I am extremely happy with it!

CGN Regular
    I've ordered a Amsec TF5517...still waiting for it to arrive...

Quote Originally Posted by blackcats View Post
    sweet talked wife , let me have spare downstairs bedroom . Turned into man cave , 2 10(12 in each) gun safes with top add on's (hand guns & ammo) , closet turned into gun closet (50+) hi def tv , corner has can. Tire lockable rolling tool box (big one) (parts , ammo , & general junk in draws (stupid old guy can't post pics) working good about 300 sporting goods (guns , knives, etc )there now & working on more .
    pics!!
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.-The Pigs

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    I have the Liberty Signature gun safe in the 27 gun and it is a very nice will done safe. It is rated to 1200degrees F. for 75 minutes and it weighs in at 675lbs. It has the ability to be bolted to a concrete deck or wooden deck. However it only holds about 14 guns and three are black powder 54 caliber cap lock and flint lock with no scopes mounted. Get a safe that is bigger than U think you will need. Liberty makes quality gun safes, and no mater which model U buy U will not be sorry. I looked at the COSTCO gun safes and I did not like the way they were built.

My Liberty ProVault is a way better then the one I got from Costco and that coupled with an alarm should give me a little piece of mind.

I have the Pro Vault 18,very happy with it. Looked at others, but wanted a mechanical dial lock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Main thing to look for is the amount of steel in your safe. Most safes with composite doors have very little steel. I watched pry attack videos where guys got into a large Cabelas branded gun safe in 10 minutes with simple pry bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    . I watched pry attack videos where guys got into a large Cabelas branded gun safe in 10 minutes with simple pry bars.
    10 minutes is a long time. Even thick steel will only slow them down. I could use a torch to open it pretty quick unless its filled with cement. You need to balance out risk vs. reward for what you need...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProX2 View Post
    10 minutes is a long time. Even thick steel will only slow them down. I could use a torch to open it pretty quick unless its filled with cement. You need to balance out risk vs. reward for what you need...
    You can add a lining of stainless in a Fort Knox safe to deter torch threats. 10 minutes isn't very long at all if no one's home. I could trip a home alarm and would guarantee you that in most instances, it would take police longer than 10 minutes. Many alarm companies take 5-15 minutes trying to confirm with you if the alarm is a real one before dispatching police. Most B&E's with safes involve thieves trying to remove the safe. If they cannot remove it, they are usually equipped with tools that can be used to pry the safe open. Safe bodies can be penetrated usually with cutting or with torches, however torches are bulky. Most B&E thieves stumble upon the safe and aren't overly well equipped to handle it.

If the alarm company immediately sent an automated response to police dispatch who automatically dispatched a patrol car (if one was just sitting near the area and waiting), it MIGHT make it there in 10 minutes. Just as well to invest a few hundred more into a safe that's likely to fend off your run of the mill thief, otherwise, you're just wasting your money - go buy stack-on metal cabinets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast