Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New Factory Direct SAM pricing

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Got my titan V2 today and it's finished very nicely. Frame to slide fit is amazing, and the smooth feel when racking the slide is easily comparable to a $1500 gun. I experienced nose diving rounds, and quite a bit of high velocity brass to the face (ouch) but it groups nice and I'm hoping the feeding and extraction issues aren't hard to remedy.

On a side note... My barrel is polished to a mirror finish. The top of the slide looks bead blasted, and the rest of the gun is closer to a semi-shiny brushed finish. I wouldn't call it polished. I was kind of worried because I didn't want a blingy gun. The finish turns out to be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smcx View Post
    I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Got my titan V2 today and it's finished very nicely. Frame to slide fit is amazing, and the smooth feel when racking the slide is easily comparable to a $1500 gun. I experienced nose diving rounds, and quite a bit of high velocity brass to the face (ouch) but it groups nice and I'm hoping the feeding and extraction issues aren't hard to remedy.

On a side note... My barrel is polished to a mirror finish. The top of the slide looks bead blasted, and the rest of the gun is closer to a semi-shiny brushed finish. I wouldn't call it polished. I was kind of worried because I didn't want a blingy gun. The finish turns out to be very nice.
    Were you using the factory mag? I had exactly the same problem using another 1911 mag, but using the original fixed this.

9mm Thunderbolts please!

Yeah factory mag. Every mag I own as well lol. Doing a little research, might be an overly tight extractor?

Quote Originally Posted by Smcx View Post
    Yeah factory mag. Every mag I own as well lol. Doing a little research, might be an overly tight extractor?
    not sure. was getting the same thing. a LOT hot casings in the face. Never been so glad of glasses. Really put me off. Like I said switching the mag fixed it for me. I might have stripped it down and oiled it as well. I even bought some various spring weights from a vendor, then ended up not needing them.
    I did clean around the ejector in case there was grit there, but not sure if this really helped. The second time I went to the range I used the factory mag(which I hadn't used the first time) and had no problems. Hope someone can help you.
    Last edited by rick43pen; 01-21-2015 at 03:56 PM.

BANNED
    Mine did the nose dive or failed to eject in dry fire with snapcaps. Never had the issue with actual ammo.

The casings in the face was similar but mine went up and land on my forehead or the top of my head. Maybe you're taller than me That problem went away after abut a hundred rounds.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Mine did the nose dive or failed to eject in dry fire with snapcaps. Never had the issue with actual ammo.

The casings in the face was similar but mine went up and land on my forehead or the top of my head. Maybe you're taller than me That problem went away after abut a hundred rounds.

FF
    you could be right that its a break in issue. I had a P1 that did the same thing to me. Casing went everywhere, including bouncing off the top of my head. Drove me crazy so I sold it. Now I want one again. LOL.

Here is my SAM 1911 .45 ACP Enhanced Stainless with VZ Grips Alien

Member : CSSA / CCFR / NRA / CPC

We are holding SAM prices to what is listed on the first post in this thread WHILE CURRENT STOCKS LAST. Future shipments will be priced when we pay for them as we are invoiced in US dollars. This makes all in stock models a great deal due to the declining value of our dollar.

This came a while ago but finally got around to taking a pic with the new grips. 9mm commander enhanced.

Last edited by Shanks4300; 02-05-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: New pic
    Real men eat haggis and eggs.