Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I run-and-gun with my AR at Silverdale?

Can I run-and-gun with my AR at Silverdale?

Thinking of picking up an AR. Problem I have is the restricted aspect. I have 200 acres up north where I can run and gun with my Tavor, however.......its not an AR. I am able to run-and-gun at my home range at Silverdale? 3 gun type stuff. Maybe rifle to pistol transitions. Movement while firing etc. Do I need a black badge qualification to do all this?

No. You should read up on the regulations regarding the discharging of restricted firearms.

Super Moderator
    Have you considered asking Silverdale?

I think he is referring to doing 3-gun type practice at Silverdale. Not sure if they let you do the AR action shooting, but almost certainly if they do you will at the very least require your black badge, if not just for the very reason you say you are looking to do AR to pistol transition and BB is required for pistol action shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccook View Post
    No. You should read up on the regulations regarding the discharging of restricted firearms.

Ipsc Black Badge means you have completed the IPSC basic course and are competent enough to shoot IPSC. It only applies when you are shooting a sanctioned match also. What clubs will let you do with it is up to them. If you want run and gun with transitions you want 3 gun nation anyways. IPSC is one firearm type per stage

Some ranges have special areas where three-gun type activities are permitted. Generally, though, these end up being special events.
    Not sure if Silverdale has any ranges like this. The black badge stuff is really only for IPSC shooting which is different than three gun.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

They would probably require you to strap a 4x8 sheet of plywood to your chest...
    Help stop the Trudeau Dictatorship. www.Pierre4PM.ca

http://www.silverdalegunclub.com/ranges-rules/ranges/ - website has the info, which a little reading would reveal.

Black Badge needed, or Police, CBSA and a few other exemptions (thought Military used to be one, but it's not listed currently).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donkSTRIKER View Post
    They would probably require you to strap a 4x8 sheet of plywood to your chest...
    Haha. That made my day!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Haha. That made my day!
    is that anything like strapping a 2x4 to your ass?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast