Thread: NFA Fan boy, warranty and customer service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar

NFA Fan boy, warranty and customer service

I've come to learn a product is only as good as it's warranty. I really like my Kel Tech guns but when I had a problem with them and sent something to be fixed I lost it for 6-7 months. Someone else was going on 9 months. I'm certain i only got it back because I was annoying the #### out of them.

Twice I've dealt with North Eastern arms directly and twice I've felt like those dudes dropped what they were doing and make me feel like their companies #1 priority.

First when ordering a rifle through their IOP program I ordered the rifle and it was somehow made, transfer approved and shipped out the very same day. Despite leaving for a gun show type gala in Jordan the president shot the #### with me for an hour and made sure my gun was sent ASAP (since I was leaving in a few days too).

Second when I had a warranty issue I fired off an email on a Saturday (minutes after developing an issue) expecting to hear back Monday afternoon if I was lucky. I got an email back in under an hour and I was on the phone with someone over their lunch break who was trying to help me out, I couldn't believe it. I sent the rifle out to be fixed on a Monday when Canada Post opened and I got it back Friday, that's a hell of a lot better than 7 months.

I'm not saying this is the norm and everyone can expect that but in both cases I literally felt like these guys made a priority. NEA may not have the pedigree of Knights Armament or whatever but they definitely stand behind their products and take care of you when you have an issue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ontgunner's Avatar
    Good to know!
    Thanks for sharing.

NEA has a bad rap around here,not sure how well deserved it is,but in all my experiences with them they have super helpful,and it was always a customer first experience.

Even when I had an issue with the rifle I built...which wasent put through their QC checks or even done by a gunsmith,the service and help they provided me was astonishing.

Wish the experience I had with my ruger or mossberg was even half as good....probably the reason why half the rifles in my safe right now are NEA's....or have NEA parts on them.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    zzzzzz
    Last edited by wicked_police; 02-08-2016 at 09:58 PM.

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Every company has its issue and gremlins at the beginning. Nea stand behind their product and support law enforcement. I don't think I'd have an issue buying from them. I'd like to shoot an NEA rifle first though.

BANNED
    I really like my 14.5 inch NEA AR ...runs great .

I know what you mean OP. I had a very similar experience. I got one of their first gen ARs and had problems with the disconnector (too soft, lead to doubling) and a backwards crush washer on the muzzle brake (came loose, landed about 10' in front of the firing line)

Anyway, I took pictures that Saturday morning and emailed them to NEA, they responded within a half hour and the replacement parts + extras were at my door Tuesday morning.

They may miss the odd problem on the way out the door, but from my experience, they do everything they can to make it right.