Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you consider a modern hunter essential kit?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar

would you consider a modern hunter essential kit?

It would be nice for those of us who really like the modern hunter but would like a full custom buid or do a build little by little if we could buy a essential kit . Just the proprietary parts to cut the cost down and buy the rest little buy little? What would be needed upper andlower receiver, bcg and trigger group?
    Last edited by rally guy; 12-15-2014 at 09:06 PM.

I think they're doing this perfectly. I see where you're coming from, but in this case, it's being done right. Maybe because of the NR status, this may be the future...?

But to answer your question...for me, it's one of many "essentials" that I would consider.

CGN Regular
    If you are looking to alter the furniture etc, we can certainly discuss that on a case by case situation. The build would still be done here as it has our name on it, but if you already have a ctr stock for example kicking around we can talk for sure.

Best to give us a call on that sort of thing. A LOT of the parts are proprietary, this is after all it's own rifle, and I can't forsee us ever selling stripped uppers and lowers.

Are the barrels and mounting system the same as the ar 15? For example to replace the barrel with a different caliber or change the forend.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Are the barrels and mounting system the same as the ar 15? For example to replace the barrel with a different caliber or change the forend.
    Although there are some similar parts ie the barrel nut of an AR10, some of the barrel dimensions are not the same.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    It would be nice for those of us who really like the modern hunter but would like a full custom buid or do a build little by little if we could buy a essential kit . Just the proprietary parts to cut the cost down and buy the rest little buy little? What would be needed upper andlower receiver, bcg and trigger group?
    The only parts that would be available from alternate sources are the buffer spring, buffer, bolt head, butt stock and hand guard.
    Every other part is either proprietary or requires modification.
    In all honesty I doubt we will ever offer anything but a completed and tested rifle partly for liability reasons but also seeing the volume of threads and questions on the simple assembly of an AR platform on the various forums.

As Shaun has pointed out IF you have a possibly compatible butt stock or handguard and order a rifle, let us know and we can work with you.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Any plans to build poor men's version?
    3100+tax is not for everybody.

I see JP handguard, that's good enough for me

Will just depend on my budget when it becomes available.

Keep up the good work guys!
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Any plans to build poor men's version?
    3100+tax is not for everybody.
    Only if we could interest Norinco in producing a very small number of them. I say small number as the only country that I can think of that these have any appeal in is Canada, due to our silly laws.
    The cost of the projects R&D would stagger you. Then add in the high cost of Canadian labor and it soon become apparent that the $3100.00 entry level is actually a very low cost given the market. The only way to get costs down are to either totally compromise quality and support or have them built off-shore, which will then totally compromise quality and support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast