Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Im not happy with Questar. I really feel mislead with my Sig purchase.
    I'm glad you are giving an amnesty but in all honesty it should not matter where you bought it. Only thing that matters is that it's a Sig and your the original owner.

What's being done to prevent un authorized sales by Canadian dealers to prevent people from being screwed over.
    Last edited by CdnCombatMedic; 12-15-2014 at 04:53 PM.

CGN Regular
    So Cabela's in Barrie has a pretty big selection of SIG pistols, if I buy from them, I have no warranty support?

CGN Regular
    I agree, if you buy a brand new SIG, it should not matter what store it comes from, USA, or Canada.

In fact I think the whole distributor/dealer model is broken, the gun stores should buy from SIG directly or from the SIG distributor in USA and thats it.
    If we cut out the fat in the middle, I bet our prices here in Canada would be much lower like they are in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    I'm glad you are giving an amnesty but in all honesty it should not matter where you bought it. Only thing that matters is that it's a Sig and your the original owner.

On a side note, from my understanding the warranty is for the original owner. If you are buying it from outside of Canada, you aren't the original owner anymore, the company that imported it is. This doesn't only apply to Sig, it applies to many other manufactures.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    On a side note, from my understanding the warranty is for the original owner. If you are buying it from outside of Canada, you aren't the original owner anymore, the company that imported it is. This doesn't only apply to Sig, it applies to many other manufactures.

Ryan
    That's crap when it's a firearms retailer.

What's being done to prevent un authorized sales by Canadian dealers to prevent people from being screwed over.
    I bought several SIG's from Questar. I had one problem, SIG the FACTORY SIG, not a Canadian distributor, had the part sent up in two weeks and QUESTAR had it fixed and out to me the same day.
    Last edited by wanteddeadoralive; 12-15-2014 at 05:53 PM.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”

Plato

If your not happy with Questar take it up with them, your getting the amnesty so I don't see the problem? It's great that MD Charlton is doing this for people " who side stepped the middle man to save a buck " Clearly a lot of people have no understanding about how manufactures, distributers and agency's work!

I think it's pretty clear what they are saying that after Dec.14 you are on your own if you buy from other than an authorized Canadain dealer!

Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    If your not happy with Questar take it up with them, your getting the amnesty so I don't see the problem? !
    Am I blaming MD Charlton - No
    Do I like the policy - No , a Sig is a Sig

The problem - Mis representation by Questar and many others selling Sig. What happend if MDC didt for the amnesty?

BANNED
    delete..

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    One more time..any Sig dealers in Quebec?
    Why don't you check the website?