Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    Am I blaming MD Charlton - No
    Do I like the policy - No , a Sig is a Sig

The problem - Mis representation by Questar and many others selling Sig. What happend if MDC didt for the amnesty?
    Buying from a dealer that has no store front and clearly imports all their product from their US location into Canada should raise some red flags! Just my opinion.
    I think one reason we have less selection of firearm related things in Canada is legit brick and mortar dealers are reluctant to go through all the time and cost to tie up money in inventory only to have " dealers" circumvent the regular supply chain so the penny pinching consumer can get it cheaper, ( wich is not the case when you need warranty work or have issues with the product) Consumers make their own choices and shouldn't cry when they make the wrong one to Save a Buck!

MDC,

Thanks for taking on the daunting and thankless task of clarifying the Sig warranty confusion. Voluntarily inheriting the problems of past distributors and sales is very commendable in my personal view and the amnesty is evidence of that. I personally own 7 Sig products which I bought new only to find out that 2 are actually covered. Luckily for me, you guys have been great providing assistance and advice on the few issues I've had as well as getting the necessary accessories for my LGS to order on my behalf. Your customer services is the reason why I have existing pre-orders and why I will continue to order other firearms from you in the future.

I do understand the anxiety of finding out that a new firearm you just purchased is not covered, especially since most of us don't have bottomless pockets. Unfortunately it seems this anxiety and disappointment has been directed at you.

Thanks again MDC for trying to do right by the Canadian Sig owner community.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    Buying from a dealer that has no store front and clearly imports all their product from their US location into Canada should raise some red flags! Just my opinion.
    I think one reason we have less selection of firearm related things in Canada is legit brick and mortar dealers are reluctant to go through all the time and cost to tie up money in inventory only to have " dealers" circumvent the regular supply chain so the penny pinching consumer can get it cheaper.
    Yes but equally the reluctance / inability of dealers to stock a good range of models, accessories and parts is also a cause of cross-border and grey market shopping. This applies to many brands including SIG.

I am not talking about gold-plated, diamond-encrusted collector's pieces, I am talking about the range of models (including for example the Elite models), alternative grips, magazines, etc. which are often either not available and/or on indefinite backorder, often at absurd prices.

I would much rather shop at a real retailer, either on-line or better yet in person, but they have to actually have what I want.

Snapshot

CGN Regular
    Is Tetragon an authorized SIG dealer?

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6
    Glad this is finally being put down on paper, we've had a hell of a time explaining this to customers regarding their future warranty.

This will remove a lot of confusion.
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

CGN Regular
    Some of you are missing the point.

MDC has stepped up for us in this regard.

Keep in mind that if you phone Sig Sauer for ANYTHING they will tell you that they only have one customer in Canada and it ain't you.

Sig Sauer will not warranty anything for you, nor will they sell you a single part, no matter what that part is, because it is illegal for them to do so based on Canadian law. (Yes, I know, but that is what THEY say)

And it actually does matter where you buy things...Apple doesn't warrant product sold by unauthorized resellers...NO ONE DOES...except apparently MDC in this case.

Thanks MDC...product registered.
    jl

------------------------------------------------------
    215516082009PST

I don't believe in cross-specie hunting.
    It's 3.2 kilos, not 30lbs and it only creates 7 lbs of overpressure in the immediate area....and you only bled from ONE ear that ONE time...pussy!

How long is the normal warranty ?? One Year ??
    THX

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Warranty is limited lifetime, to the original buyer.

MDC
    Thanks. Registration done.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Flaherty's View Post
    Glad this is finally being put down on paper, we've had a hell of a time explaining this to customers regarding their future warranty.

This will remove a lot of confusion.
    Same here!

I think things are looking up for Sig products in Canada now that they have representation from a company that seems to care about then end user/customer. I'm sure they will be making parts and firearms more readily available to us. Look at the rifle/ handgun kit they just had available. They are also actively involved on here and always seem to answer people's questions/ concerns quickly. I for one have now issue if I have to pay a few cents more for all this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post
    How long is the normal warranty ?? One Year ??
    THX

Thanks. Registration done.
    Limited lifetime as indicated in a prior post.