Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

Thank you MDC.

As a SIG customer who did not know or consider any of this previously, it's good to know that I won't be left high-and-dry if any issues arise. Might have been a much different conversation if not for you stepping up.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN frequent flyer crackerbarrel2's Avatar
    Perhap's one day Sig will focus it's warranty on the pistol instead of the current owner..

Quote Originally Posted by crackerbarrel2 View Post
    Perhap's one day Sig will focus it's warranty on the pistol instead of the current owner..
    I don't disagree with this at all. Ultimately, Sig's name is on the firearm. It really should be all the 'registration' one should need.

Quick story:

I was gifted an 'LL Bean' jacket some time ago. Never shopped there in my life. Thought 'LL Bean' was something you put in your coffee cup. The jacket isn't something I'd buy myself, but I'm not proud. A combination of thrifty (Mrs. Islay calls it 'cheap prick') and apathetic enough not to really care about how something looks. So when conditions are right, over the next handful of years I get some use out of it.

One day the zipper breaks. Not spontaneously per say. It's seen some good use, but I also was a little over-aggressive in trying to free my undershirt that got pinched in it. So now I have a older LL Bean jacket that no longer has the ability to zip up. Kind of chilly; lets the breeze in. Nipply.

During a rare but always painful shopping mall visitation, I see a 'LL Bean' outlet. On a whim (remember the thrifty part?), I decide to see what options I have with fixing my jacket. And by 'what options I have' I mean 'let's see if they'll fix it for free'.

Without hesitation, the salesperson offered to exchange it immediately for a current jacket right off the rack.

Think about that for a moment.

He didn't ask to see a receipt. He wasn't worried about when it was purchased. He wasn't concerned HOW the zipper was rendered stupid. What he did care about that an 'LL Bean' branded jacket was no longer optimally functional.

That's how to create brand loyalty. That's how to forge a lasting relationship with customers. I've since returned as I know I'm going to be looked after. I pay a little more and think some of their apparel is a little goofy, but above being cheap, I know a great value when I see it.

Now let me be crystal clear here:

That being said, until SIG and other manufacturers change their policy, MDC is doing the Canadian firearms community a solid.

Thanks again, MDC. I'd say all the SIG dealers, particularly the 'grey market' ones, owe you a beverage of your choice.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

So if I purchase a SIG from Cabela Canada I'm fubarred is what I'm reading, as they are not an authorized distributor according to the MD website. Good to know.

Having registered the Sig firearm on the web site Murray will I receive a verification e-mail the firearm has been registered?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    I was gifted an 'LL Bean' jacket some time ago. Never shopped there in my life. Thought 'LL Bean' was something you put in your coffee cup. The jacket isn't something I'd buy myself, but I'm not proud. A combination of thrifty (Mrs. Islay calls it 'cheap prick') and apathetic enough not to really care about how something looks. So when conditions are right, over the next handful of years I get some use out of it.

One day the zipper breaks. Not spontaneously per say. It's seen some good use, but I also was a little over-aggressive in trying to free my undershirt that got pinched in it. So now I have a older LL Bean jacket that no longer has the ability to zip up. Kind of chilly; lets the breeze in. Nipply.

During a rare but always painful shopping mall visitation, I see a 'LL Bean' outlet. On a whim (remember the thrifty part?), I decide to see what options I have with fixing my jacket. And by 'what options I have' I mean 'let's see if they'll fix it for free'.

Without hesitation, the salesperson offered to exchange it immediately for a current jacket right off the rack.

Think about that for a moment.

He didn't ask to see a receipt. He wasn't worried about when it was purchased. He wasn't concerned HOW the zipper was rendered stupid. What he did care about that an 'LL Bean' branded jacket was no longer optimally functional.

That's how to create brand loyalty. That's how to forge a lasting relationship with customers. I've since returned as I know I'm going to be looked after. I pay a little more and think some of their apparel is a little goofy, but above being cheap, I know a great value when I see it.

Now let me be crystal clear here:

That being said, until SIG and other manufacturers change their policy, MDC is doing the Canadian firearms community a solid.

Thanks again, MDC. I'd say all the SIG dealers, particularly the 'grey market' ones, owe you a beverage of your choice.
    Great story but the analogy is not comparable to the SIG-MDC situation. LLB maufacutures, brands, ans sells direct via their website. LLB does not have a distributor or independent retailer network unlike the SIG-MDC-Authorized Retailer structure.

The LLB retail stores you happen to visit are owned, managed, and directly supplied by LLB. (Disclaimer: I'm a LLB consumer too)

Regardless kudos to MDC for doing what is proper business practices for the SIG brand in Canada.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet lima View Post
    Some of you are missing the point.

MDC has stepped up for us in this regard.

Keep in mind that if you phone Sig Sauer for ANYTHING they will tell you that they only have one customer in Canada and it ain't you.

Sig Sauer will not warranty anything for you, nor will they sell you a single part, no matter what that part is, because it is illegal for them to do so based on Canadian law. (Yes, I know, but that is what THEY say)

And it actually does matter where you buy things...Apple doesn't warrant product sold by unauthorized resellers...NO ONE DOES...except apparently MDC in this case.

Thanks MDC...product registered.
    It is NOT Canadian Law that prevents US suppliers from shipping to Canada, it is US ITAR Homeland Security in the US that prevent shipping of any gun/parts to Canada. Canada could careless as long as you pay the duties

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    So in layman terms what's limited lifetime warranty? 10 year?

Thanks MDC. I never thought about warranty issue prior to reading this thread. Now my SIG SSG3000 is registered.

MDC,

FWIW, your website displays certain pages a little wonky. When browsing through the different products, the details are always displayed underneath the left sidebar navigation menu, leaving a large dead space to the right.

This behaviour occurs in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.