Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Hunter View Post
    Thanks MDC. I never thought about warranty issue prior to reading this thread. Now my SIG SSG3000 is registered.
    Gleefully registering guns on CGN? The irony!
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    Buying from a dealer that has no store front and clearly imports all their product from their US location into Canada should raise some red flags! Just my opinion.
    I think one reason we have less selection of firearm related things in Canada is legit brick and mortar dealers are reluctant to go through all the time and cost to tie up money in inventory only to have " dealers" circumvent the regular supply chain so the penny pinching consumer can get it cheaper, ( wich is not the case when you need warranty work or have issues with the product) Consumers make their own choices and shouldn't cry when they make the wrong one to Save a Buck!
    This is indeed a cyclical problem; Dealers were unable to acquire the product - end user find's grey-marketer with the product - Dealer looses sale and doesn't order the product for future sales.

Another issue is the semi-poor representation for Sig in Canada in the past, coupled with crazy markups. This left an opening for the grey-marketers.

We are working to expand our dealer network, ensuring the product is readily available to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Yes but equally the reluctance / inability of dealers to stock a good range of models, accessories and parts is also a cause of cross-border and grey market shopping. This applies to many brands including SIG.

I am not talking about gold-plated, diamond-encrusted collector's pieces, I am talking about the range of models (including for example the Elite models), alternative grips, magazines, etc. which are often either not available and/or on indefinite backorder, often at absurd prices.

I would much rather shop at a real retailer, either on-line or better yet in person, but they have to actually have what I want.

Snapshot
    We encounter this problem frequently - we are sitting on a very large inventory of all styles and parts of Sig; which is of little use when the dealer has no inventory. As mentioned above, we get into a cycle of dealers not realizing the sale, in turn they do not order (due to a perceived opinion they have no sales for a particular item).

As we grow, we are working to better advertise available product to the dealer network, as well as the buying public.

Quote Originally Posted by North60 View Post
    I think things are looking up for Sig products in Canada now that they have representation from a company that seems to care about then end user/customer. I'm sure they will be making parts and firearms more readily available to us. Look at the rifle/ handgun kit they just had available. They are also actively involved on here and always seem to answer people's questions/ concerns quickly. I for one have now issue if I have to pay a few cents more for all this.
    Thank you for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    So in layman terms what's limited lifetime warranty? 10 year?
    This essentially covers wearable items (like mags) and sights (tubes burning out after 14 years). We try to be very fair with any return (so most items end up b

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Islay View Post
    MDC,

FWIW, your website displays certain pages a little wonky. When browsing through the different products, the details are always displayed underneath the left sidebar navigation menu, leaving a large dead space to the right.

This behaviour occurs in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
    Thank you for letting us know - we will endeavor to have this rectified.

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Update for all of you:

We are working to add dealers to the list on our website - bear with us on this one. If you click on "all dealers" you will find the complete list.

Many questions have been asked as to which dealers are covered: if you purchased from a retailer that has an actual brick and mortar location (even if you purchased from them online) you are 99% covered.

Thank you to all that have posted positive comments and thanks, we really appreciate the support and appreciation. As some have mentioned, the Canadian Sig market is a bit of a mess, we are working to fix this for you.

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Business Member Saskatoon Gunworks's Avatar
    Will Sig products sold by Cabelas Canada be covered?

CGN Regular
    "We encounter this problem frequently - we are sitting on a very large inventory of all styles and parts of Sig; which is of little use when the dealer has no inventory. As mentioned above, we get into a cycle of dealers not realizing the sale, in turn they do not order (due to a perceived opinion they have no sales for a particular item).

As we grow, we are working to better advertise available product to the dealer network, as well as the buying public."

I have a copy of the accessories for the P226X6 PPC older version, Looking for the X Mount, dealers seem to be having difficult accessing, is this something you stock. I would send the image, but I can't link it here

It looks like ###### Armoury is also grey market??? Nice to know... grrr......
    Liberal motto;
    when all is said and done we ensure
    more is said than done!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Update for all of you:

We are working to add dealers to the list on our website - bear with us on this one. If you click on "all dealers" you will find the complete list.

Many questions have been asked as to which dealers are covered: if you purchased from a retailer that has an actual brick and mortar location (even if you purchased from them online) you are 99% covered.

Thank you to all that have posted positive comments and thanks, we really appreciate the support and appreciation. As some have mentioned, the Canadian Sig market is a bit of a mess, we are working to fix this for you.

Regards,
    MDC
    To show my support to the canadian market , I bought a 1911 scorpion from Wanstalls today
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    To show my support to the canadian market , I bought a 1911 scorpion from Wanstalls today
    Nice. It's on my (pretty damned large) wish-list.

Hint-hint.

Truth being, Ms. Islay, long ago, rolls her eyes at any 'altruistic' reason for buying firearms.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufous03 View Post
    It is NOT Canadian Law that prevents US suppliers from shipping to Canada, it is US ITAR Homeland Security in the US that prevent shipping of any gun/parts to Canada. Canada could careless as long as you pay the duties
    You misread or misunderstood my post and you are wrong about ITAR.

I didn't say that it was Canadian law, Sig did...the fact that it ISN"T Canadian law is what made it especially stupid. Sig readily acknowledged that there was no export restriction on the parts I wanted.

ITAR and DOHS are two different things. One is a trade restriction and the other is an agency.

ITAR does not prevent anything from being shipped anywhere...certain things are restricted and require an end user cert, that's all. Not every part is affected.

ITAR wasn't applicable in this case because the parts I wanted are not ITAR parts for Canada...which is why I was able to order the exact same parts from a reseller...Brownell's in this case.
    jl

------------------------------------------------------
    215516082009PST

I don't believe in cross-specie hunting.
    It's 3.2 kilos, not 30lbs and it only creates 7 lbs of overpressure in the immediate area....and you only bled from ONE ear that ONE time...pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoon Gunworks View Post
    Will Sig products sold by Cabelas Canada be covered?
    When you click on the "All Dealers" tab did you see them listed? I didn't