Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Niagara Pensinsula Dunville M14 Clinic Sunday 22 Feb 2015- DeBrief HERE!

What a great day with the m14 crowd in Dunnville. Thanks Barney. Looking forward to more upcoming clinics.
    Andy
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Business Member
    OMG, what a fantastic day. We closed the clubhouse at 1758 hrs and light was beginning to fall. I drove to Stoney Creek to grab a Taco Salad at Wendy's on Centennial and it sure hit the spot!

I rolled in the door at home for 2215 hrs and it was truly a delightful experience meeting all of you. I cannot believe that we have attendees from the Peterborough area who drove all the way around the GTA to the Niagara Peninsula. That's dedication to the platform. We even had a PEI attendee. That's hard core!

So what else did you learn from the entire day? There was just so much to take in and even I, your instructor learn lots and lots from you guys!

I was so impressed to see so many younger M14 addicts, it is a necessary addition for our sport/hobby!

I am thankful to be surrounded by caring M14 lovers! I am thankful for supportive pointmen like 1trident1 who made all this happen. It took several messages and a great deal of effort on his part to organize that super clubhouse, table and chair arrangement, and the entire day. Without his efforts, I could not be there for you M14 dudes!

I am thankful for a great community and being surrounded by tinkering and hammering sounds of M14s being worked on does not get any better.

I am thankful for freezing out butts off at the tail bumper of my Tacoma indexing a few Norinco rifles with the clamps and sectioned cleaning rods since the dark finish looked so perfect against the white snow in the parking lot and snowbanks. That was a great addition to the program. Oh yeah, this happens to be clinic # 60, since I do have to count for my resume needed for future work.

I am thankful for the weather since we had minimum precipitation for all of you to drive to and from the clinic. Hopefully all of you are safe and sound.

Well, what else did you learn from that long day?

I happened to win a single coffee from TWO Timmy's coffees that I used for my three hour drive to and then from the Niagara Peninsula back to Georgian Bay.

Pictures? Anybody got pics to post? Just a reminder to sanitize ANY of the license plates in the parking lot for security reasons!

Cheers and bring on the de-brief!

Barney

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    I had an good time and can't wait to use my new skills. Now if I buy a 22" I can tune it up and also.pick a good one to start. I hope to see another m305 at the range where I can turn the gas off as a prank. Yes I know it is childish but i dont think i will be able to resist.
    Real men use peep sights

Great day indeed Barney,
    Thanks to you and 1-trident-1 for making this happen. It was great to use your knowledge and tools to tweak the rifle. There is no way that we could have indexed barrels without your equipment. The only thing missing was day two!
    Now I need to get the range and see how she groups in the cold.

Thanks again for a great clinic Barney and to 1-trident-1 for getting the space!

I learned many things yesterday, but the three that stand out the most had to be:

1.) There are times in life where "A bag of hammers" isn't just an insult, but actually something quite useful, almost necessary. (who would'a thunk it???)

2.) You can only make it better.

3.) Put down your purse!

Much like Safehunter, I wish there was a "day 2". I can't wait to shoot this thing now.
    Last edited by JimboJones; 02-23-2015 at 11:14 AM.

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones View Post
    Thanks again for a great clinic Barney and to 1-trident-1 for getting the space!

I learned many things yesterday, but the three that stand out the most had to be:

1.) There are times in life where "A bag of hammers" isn't just an insult, but actually something quite useful, almost necessary. (who would'a thunk it???)

2.) You can only make it better.

3.) Put down your purse!

Much like Safehunter, I wish there was a "day 2". I can't wait to shoot this thing now.
    4) shooting a Norc won't make yet d#ck fall off
    Can't wait for a range day also.

Thanks to Trident and Barney
    Real men use peep sights

What a great learning experience! I would feel comfortable tweaking any M14 I ever purchase in the future. Looking forward to time at the range to see the results....

So grateful to Barney for passing on his wealth of knowledge on the platform. So glad I could finally make it out to one of these.

If you own an m14/M1A you really need to get out to one of Barney's clinics. If you don't own one, go buy one and then go

Many thanks to Barney and Trident for pulling together to make clinic #60 happen, glad I could be a part of it. The entire day was a hit! Unfortunately my purse got a little wet when I put it down in the snow bank in order to use the vice and hammer but hey at least nothing fell off but the flash suppressor! I really enjoyed learning about the differences between all the different flavors of M14's.

If anybody ever has a chance to attend one of Barneys clinics, do it! You will learn, laugh and meet some great people.

Can't wait to take this thing out on Sunday and test it out. PING!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345