Thread: How about Adding Affordable Shipping Options?

How about Adding Affordable Shipping Options?

I'd love to spend my mad money at your store, especially on ammo and combo deals, but lack of reasonable shipping options remain deal killers. For instance, 1 case of surplus 7.62x39mm $189, shipping - $125.00 via UPS.

I can buy the same case of ammo from Canada Ammo or TradeEx at a slight premium, but get free shipping from one coast to the other (in case of Canada Ammo) or flat rate shipping from vendors like Frontier. I want to spend money at your store, but it just doesn't make sense financially. Is there any hope?
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

You're in Nfld, I can't ship at a loss. If others want to loose money on a shipment there that is their choice. We charge actual shipping.

Added: This isn't a hostile response, it is the truth. We always charge actual shipping unless something is free shipping like many of our handguns. I'd prefer to charge actual shipping and keep the price a low as I can for the product instead of charging more for the product and offering free shipping. Sure that doesn't work out well for some people in remote areas but it works out better for most others.

Ryan
    Last edited by Chemist; 12-15-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Ouch. This got hostile quick. I sympathize with the OP...but id use theammosourse for a lot of items, heavy items i go elsewhere. No disrespect for anyone...just the way it is i guess.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    There are lots of retailers on this forum that ship big quantities of ammo free of charge
    Hint ordered over 200$

Last hint change ammo suppliers

Living on the island sucks for shipping damn near anything.its the price we pay I guess....among all the others...

I've dealt with SFRC for the majority of my AR parts and shippings always been reasonable.ammo's heavy.and personably speaking,dealing with Canpar is not worth the free shipping.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Regular
    Hardly a hostile response. Factual..not terribly apologetic..but not hostile. Perhaps a more pleasant response would be garnered from asking this question through an email or PM.

Losing money isn't a good proposition for a business..selling a ton of items at a loss doesn't suddenly turn into a profit..

Remember the Bank of Change from SNL..he will trade you two 5$ for a 10$. How does he make money? Simple..volume.
    Last edited by smally21; 12-15-2014 at 05:22 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Canpar has always worked for me in BC... UPS on the other hand....

I have bought ammo from SFRC quite a few times and live on the rock. Just the cost of doing business...

Canpar only ships as far as NB...after that there is no communication as to where the package is as a secondary company is used. I've had no good dealings from these parties and now only buy ammo locally unless there's a good deal with cheap/no shipping charges.
    Last edited by Chemist; 12-15-2014 at 05:37 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline1 View Post
    Ouch. This got hostile quick. I sympathize with the OP...but id use theammosourse for a lot of items, heavy items i go elsewhere. No disrespect for anyone...just the way it is i guess.
    I didn't read anything that was even a tiny bit hostile.