Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa X-calibre

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    From the two I own they are supremely cheaply made. They are 'okay' but seldom worth the price.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Offres! totally. I wonder if the .40 would take a 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by aiwa View Post
    What's the issue, deckard? I've never had a Chiappa, so I don't know. I like the idea of changing out pistol calibers in a lite little non-res, though.

i have the gear up x caliber ten adapter set they are pretty high quality

CGN Regular
    I wonder if we will get a short barrel model for Canada.

Shut up and take my money.
    I was born ready sir!!.......No wait, I was born horny, in my early teens i became ready.

I was all over this when I seen it 6 weeks or so back! Then after some struggles finding real world reviews I finally found a you tube clip with a guy at the bench shooting all the various adapters and their respective cartridges with this rig at targets 25 yards away. Let's just say the dream died then and there, instantly....

On my phone so.... Look up "Chiappa M6 X-Caliber Survival Rifle Review.... M6 Scout on steroids." By Michael Bell. Dunno, maybe he has a massive flinch issue and can't shoot.

D.K.
    Last edited by dak47; 01-12-2015 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dak47 View Post
    I was all over this when I seen it 6 weeks or so back! Then after some struggles finding real world reviews I finally found a you tube clip with a guy at the bench shooting all the various adapters and their respective cartridges with this rig at targets 25 yards away. Let's just say the dream died then and there, instantly....

On my phone so.... Look up "Chiappa M6 X-Caliber Survival Rifle Review.... M6 Scout on steroids." By Michael Bell. Dunno, maybe he has a massive flinch issue and can't shoot.

D.K.
    Saw the video you were talking about and found this one afterward...

On January 6th 2015, they FINALLY put the gun in a gun vise with a 2 MOA red dot.

So no more shooter error but still...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2GIpzqxk9U

Quote Originally Posted by dak47 View Post

D.K.
    The one variable that I would like to see excluded is the fact that they used the inserts in the chiappa gun. Apparently these adapters work for any single shot shotgun and I am wondering if the accuracy would increase with any other gun. As soon as he said the screws stripped and the mount came off, to me, it skewed the test. Now I get that he said they had it repaired but based off first hand experience with chiappa firearm quality I was not surprised about the lack of accuracy. I would buy the inserts by themselves and will do so as soon as I can find them in Canada.

I picked up a Chiappa X-Calibre from Reliable Guns in Vancouver in early December- and have put it through its paces with all of the X-Calibre inserts.

I tried the inserts out at 25, 50, and 100yds, using just the iron sights that came with the gun, and then another round using a Vortex SPARC RDS. With the iron sights, I got the tightest groups using 9mm and 22LR, but even then the gun was 3MOA at best at 50yds. Accuracy out to 100yds was laughable, but 25yd and 50yd groups were good enough to put meat into a pot.

Using the inserts with a RDS was tricky, since adjusting the zero on a break open action for the various calibers was a pain- especially in a vise. The groups tightened up to 2MOA at 25 and 50yds, but it wasn't worth the hassle. I can see using a RDS on this gun if you want to use it in shotgun mode with 12, 20 and 410 gauge.

I added a side saddle mount for additional 12 gauge shells on the stock, and replaced the cheesy fibre optic frontpost with a proper luminescent post, then added a BFG adjustable two point sling. The polypro stock is never going to win any beauty contests, but seems serviceable enough.

I think the main issue affecting the level of accuracy is the trigger- the inserts fit snugly enough into the 12 gauge breech, and seem well machined. We'll see if the accuracy improves as the trigger and action break in.

geo

Quote Originally Posted by North of 7 View Post
    The one variable that I would like to see excluded is the fact that they used the inserts in the chiappa gun. Apparently these adapters work for any single shot shotgun and I am wondering if the accuracy would increase with any other gun. As soon as he said the screws stripped and the mount came off, to me, it skewed the test. Now I get that he said they had it repaired but based off first hand experience with chiappa firearm quality I was not surprised about the lack of accuracy. I would buy the inserts by themselves and will do so as soon as I can find them in Canada.
    heres a place you can get em..they are out of the states, but they do ship to Canada

http://gaugemate.com/adapters/arsenal

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast