Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chiappa X-calibre

Quote Originally Posted by crucible View Post
    I picked up a Chiappa X-Calibre from Reliable Guns in Vancouver in early December- and have put it through its paces with all of the X-Calibre inserts.

I tried the inserts out at 25, 50, and 100yds, using just the iron sights that came with the gun, and then another round using a Vortex SPARC RDS. With the iron sights, I got the tightest groups using 9mm and 22LR, but even then the gun was 3MOA at best at 50yds. Accuracy out to 100yds was laughable, but 25yd and 50yd groups were good enough to put meat into a pot.

Using the inserts with a RDS was tricky, since adjusting the zero on a break open action for the various calibers was a pain- especially in a vise. The groups tightened up to 2MOA at 25 and 50yds, but it wasn't worth the hassle. I can see using a RDS on this gun if you want to use it in shotgun mode with 12, 20 and 410 gauge.

I added a side saddle mount for additional 12 gauge shells on the stock, and replaced the cheesy fibre optic frontpost with a proper luminescent post, then added a BFG adjustable two point sling. The polypro stock is never going to win any beauty contests, but seems serviceable enough.

I think the main issue affecting the level of accuracy is the trigger- the inserts fit snugly enough into the 12 gauge breech, and seem well machined. We'll see if the accuracy improves as the trigger and action break in.

geo
    Checked the website and I don't see it listed... do they offer the inserts by themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    heres a place you can get em..they are out of the states, but they do ship to Canada

http://gaugemate.com/adapters/arsenal
    Have you tried these at all? if so what was the accuracy like?

[QUOTE=North of 7;10921585]Have you tried these at all? if so what was the accuracy like?[/QUOTE

im thinking of ordering some up myself.....never tried em but the pocket sniper is oal 10".........So anywhere from 7-9 inches of rifling, depending on caliber.
    probably same accuracy as a wheel gun with the same barrel length..

The Xcaliber kits from Chiappa should finally be available at dealers by next month.

There has been a lengthy delay on these from the factory, but hopefully they will be worth the wait.

I'll be sure to post some photos once they hit the warehouse. For those just interested in the adapter set, they are now in stock and can be ordered through a dealer.

Thanks,

Jon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345