Thread: Follow-up to my shipping thread

Follow-up to my shipping thread

My apologies for starting another thread, but my original got closed before I could reply. I am a past customer of SFRC and hope to be again in the future.

To be clear: I am not unopposed to paying to have my purchase shipped, but when the only option is UPS (which is without a doubt the worst, most expensive courier company on the continent, if my past experiences are any indication) and shipping costs almost equal the purchase price of the item, it's not unreasonable to ask a vendor to explore alternative shipping options such as Canpar, which is far more wallet friendly. And thus my good-natured (or so intended) query "Is there any hope?" -- followed by a smiley face emoticon to give some indicator as to my emotion.

With my "local" gun store a four hour round trip, I'm used to buying in bulk from a single mainland vendor to offset the necessarily higher shipping costs to Newfoundland. For instance, I don't mail-order 1-2 lbs of powder or 1-2 boxes of component bullets or factory ammo at a time, but will normally order 30-40 lbs at a time, or case lots of components, or multiple cases of surplus ammo.

That said, I posted my plea publicly in hopes that there were many more potential SFRC customers that shared my plight and would feel compelled to chime in and echo my request and/or let Ryan know that there was potentially another customer base he could potentially access. That's it. Thanks for listening.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

I feel your pain X man. I'm in Nl also and Shipping here is expensive. I search the sponsor sites religiously for sales and shipping deals to save a few $$ when I can. I also do check my local shops also and stock up when they have stock or a sale. That being said a more cost effective shipping option is also welcomed.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Thanks Rob! What a lot of guys don't realize is that aside from the territories, Newfoundland has just about the highest per capita rate of firearms ownership in Canada, and over 20% of the population are active hunters. At the same time, we're criminally underserved with local gun stores. I'd lay a bet that you could count the number of dedicated gun shops on the island on your fingers, with digits left over.
    “...Only accurate rifles are interesting.”
    - Colonel Townsend Whelen

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
    - Will Rogers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    PEI ain't much better either. And the couple gun shops we have don't have half the variety sfrc does.
    Cabelas is coming to moncton, but that's a $50 bridge fare + gas.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold