Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chinese military SKS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I started falling for all this hype on a military SKS!!! Every SKS is made as a military rifle. Name me one country that makes these guns that has a domestic market??? But a brand new gun? Sure ! $600? Not a chance..
    I don't want to be a dick but you still have things to learn about Chinese SKS ...

Some info here :

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=75210

Also take a look at this, especially #14 :

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=26665
    Last edited by ben777lemay; 12-16-2014 at 04:06 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We have checked, no dice. Sorry

5hrs is right
    Ahh well, thanks for trying, got anything else cool coming in??

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just buy the russian sks, Parts are everywere. Why complicate a good thing? I don't know why people find the Chinese ones appealing. The sks shoots awfull and is high enough at 180$ I would not want to pay any more then that for something that may be restricted or prohib come next election if the NDP wins. By no means do i hate the SKS I own 2, But when a mosin or svt that is 80 years old has better accuracy there is a problem with spending a big chunk of money on it. At this point I am just buying them to resell in the future.
    Last edited by CanadianBaconPancakes; 12-16-2014 at 05:44 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    Just buy the russian sks, Parts are everywere. Why complicate a good thing? I don't know why people find the Chinese ones appealing. The sks shoots awfull and is high enough at 180$ I would not want to pay any more then that for something that may be restricted or prohib come next election if the NDP wins. By no means do i hate the SKS I own 2, But when a mosin or svt that is 80 years old has better accuracy there is a problem with spending a big chunk of money on it. At this point I am just buying them to resell in the future.
    I hear ya, just trying to keep the prices down, but I prefer a Russian SKS over a Chinese any day, even refurb, better stocks not that chinese pine machining seems a bit better, but if the Chinese ones were back where they belong at around $169. i would add one to the group!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    I don't want to be a dick but you still have things to learn about Chinese SKS ...

Some info here :

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/produc...roductid=75210

prb not a good idea to post a link to another business member's site in CA forum?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 84fuegoturbo View Post
    prb not a good idea to post a link to another business member's site in CA forum?
    Oups you are right but thats for the historical purpose

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 84fuegoturbo View Post
    That link was harmless! It was done for my referances. Which I did read.. Anyone reading these threads knows the differances of the two sponsors .

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We have checked, no dice. Sorry

5hrs is right
    Back in the late 1990's, I remember getting my first SKS at LeBaron in Montreal: it was an SKS-D (AK mags) and it cost exactly $149.99. The SKS-D was called a "sporter" and featured a "monte-carlo stock".

That being said, there was also a second model they were selling back then for $99.99 and the salesman called it the "Chinese military" model. It had a folding four-blade bayonet (unlike the current Russian SKS's which have a single blade) and the stock was made out of dark brown, almost reddish plastic material. The bolt carrier was also a lot darker than the "sporter" D-model, from what I can remember. It felt a bit weird and the gun indeed looked a lot more military than it's D-model counterpart, although it only came with the standard fixed 10-round mag. On the plus side, the thinner stock made the military SKS much easier to handle and also made it much lighter (I was surprised at the weight difference between the two). I thought about getting the full military model too, but finally decided against it, although in retrospect I should've bought their whole inventory at that price.

So yes, they were available at least at some point in time. I actually had the privilege of handling one at the store and have never seen that same type of SKS for sale ever again... that being said, they're out there in private hands somewhere, as they sold out pretty quick! So there's definitely a chance of getting one second hand at some point...

Here's a pic on Google images that comes very close, although the bayonet is different from the one I handled in person:

Last edited by 762mm; 12-19-2014 at 04:19 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Fiberglass "jungle stock" ^^^^ Ugly, but an effective addition in the more humid climates it wss used.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12