Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norinco replica 1897 trench gun

Quote Originally Posted by McNugget View Post
    That's a shame. I can imagine there is some demand for these? Maybe not...
    Sadly deman doesn't always mean a company will start making a gun again. Been waiting forever for springfeild armories to start making the M6 scout again because deman is extremely high on those. No such luck. Good luck in your search OP.
    Please for the love of god edit your sold EE ads properly

Just when I think people have reached the lowest depths of stupidity, someone builds a better drill...

Quote Originally Posted by Max4 View Post
    Sadly deman doesn't always mean a company will start making a gun again. Been waiting forever for springfeild armories to start making the M6 scout again because deman is extremely high on those. No such luck. Good luck in your search OP.
    Thank you. We're in this together

Expired Business
    Norinco isn't making any trench-guns at this time.
    If they do make a batch we'll try to bring some in.

Cabelas in Barrie has one with bayonette in the gun room the last time i was there,but it was pricey...I think somewhere around $1300.
    I want a phased plasma rifle with a 40 vatt range

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsnighttrain View Post
    Cabelas in Barrie has one with bayonette in the gun room the last time i was there,but it was pricey...I think somewhere around $1300.
    Maybe an original? If the Norinco is selling for that much I'm changing my investment plan.....
    I've had the opportunity to handle one of these, fun gun. Is that the SMLE bayonet it takes or something off the Springfield? I can't remember.

I ended up going for an old cut down beater 1897 and putting a heatshield and sling swivel on it.

I'd do the same thing to an M12 or M37 if beaters turned up.
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    I'd love a norc replica so I could shoot modern ammo out of it. I love the look but don't like having to reload ammo just to shoot it.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rc_p120's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    I'd love a norc replica so I could shoot modern ammo out of it. I love the look but don't like having to reload ammo just to shoot it.
    True that

I have semi-successfully turned my EMEI solid frame 1897 into a trench model. It took loads of man-hours, loads of work, and loads of money in the way that all good hobbies do. If there's interest I can write up about what needed to be done, what I've found, problems, etc. This certainly isn't a good starter shotgun, and the heatshield is NOT a drop-in (at least for me).

As for chokes, the EMEIs take Baikal chokes perfectly. I do not, however, suggest running slugs through the 1897 until an owner has at the very least loctited all screws and bolts (even the stock bolt, and castle nut on the forearm).

Quote Originally Posted by Cilantro View Post
    I have semi-successfully turned my EMEI solid frame 1897 into a trench model. It took loads of man-hours, loads of work, and loads of money in the way that all good hobbies do. If there's interest I can write up about what needed to be done, what I've found, problems, etc. This certainly isn't a good starter shotgun, and the heatshield is NOT a drop-in (at least for me).

As for chokes, the EMEIs take Baikal chokes perfectly. I do not, however, suggest running slugs through the 1897 until an owner has at the very least loctited all screws and bolts (even the stock bolt, and castle nut on the forearm).
    I cast my vote for a write up! I was disappointed to find out that I couldn't install the heatshield on my 1897. I'm not wary of doing some work in order to install one as long as I know it can be done and how to do it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast