Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Truth abou Target/Grange's 3-week Ontario CFO LATT processing time.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can you elaborate on "most clubs do 6 month probation"? how many are doing that if you can name a few here?

And as what you said "don't like, don't come". that's exactly the attitude what a businss should NOT have especially when they are clearly at fault here. I think you get this because you work at a hospital, right? Ask all the patients in the ER to be patients until they die? and if they don't like your attitude or the way you handle things, then don't go to hospital? Keep in mind, patients and customers alike, in the end, we are the ones paying all the bills. We are not asking too much, but merely the services they are advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post

At the end of the day, people may not agree with what I have to say. That's fine. But we all knew what we were getting into. That's the nature of the game. Even if you had to wait for 3 months, you'd still have your ATT faster than most clubs that'll make you shoot as a probee for 6 months, and observe every BS shooting sport around.

If you don't like how it's done, don't go there. Don't like how expensive it is, don't pay it. It's no value shop - that's for sure - but neither is that bourgeois car, watch, gun, or meal. All a matter of choice and taste. Me, I'm partial, so thanks Target and the folks at The Grange.

Also, Merry Christmas, guys!
    CSSA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    The farther the range is from the GTA the cheaper it gets. You're all the way out in Meaford. What range do you go to? .........
    My club has pistol, rifle, trap and archery - the club url is at the bottom of my Sig below...
    Last edited by K-C; 12-19-2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: forgot something...
    We shall pass this way on Earth but once, if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again - Stephen Grellet
    East Grey Hunters & Anglers Association (visit us at http://eghaa.ca)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    ....Target/Grange is the most expensive I've seen when I was shopping around for a club. I think Galt is second. And then comes ranges like Silverdale, Burlington, and pretty much everything else...
    Actually I think The Range @ Urban Tactical is the most expensive...unless you just sign up and hardly ever shoot.

The kind of hassle that the OP is going through would be acceptable perhaps at a non-profit club that is staffed by volunteers. But if I was was paying a for-profit range top dollar, I'd expect better comms.

CGN frequent flyer
    with all fairness, it's not even apple-to-apple. being in owen sound, land will be much cheaper than in toronto. then everything about outdoor vs indoor year round, non-profit vs profit etc. all makes difference in price.
    If I live over there, or have a plane, I will probably go there in a heartbeat, or maybe the one in hamilton being indoor for $190.

Quote Originally Posted by K-C View Post
    My club has pistol, rifle, trap and archery - the club url is at the bottom of my Sig below...
    CSSA Life Member

CGN frequent flyer
    exactly my point!

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Actually I think The Range @ Urban Tactical is the most expensive...unless you just sign up and hardly ever shoot.

The kind of hassle that the OP is going through would be acceptable perhaps at a non-profit club that is staffed by volunteers. But if I was was paying a for-profit range top dollar, I'd expect better comms.
    CSSA Life Member

I agree. Doesn't seem like a great way to run a range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I disagree.

Other potential members deserve to be warned about shady activities. It's a good reason to read these forums.

Someone reading this just saved $600. Maybe a few people in fact.

CGN Regular
    So glad i only drive 1.5 hours from hamilton. Have no rules except not to be an idiot and clean up my stuff. On top of that my ATT took only 1 month. Person even said they do them in bunches. And i only pay 230 a year and get the range all to myself with no one around almost everytime I go. In the past 2 years ive only seen other people there a handful of times.

where is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by shak541 View Post
    So glad i only drive 1.5 hours from hamilton. Have no rules except not to be an idiot and clean up my stuff. On top of that my ATT took only 1 month. Person even said they do them in bunches. And i only pay 230 a year and get the range all to myself with no one around almost everytime I go. In the past 2 years ive only seen other people there a handful of times.

CGN Regular
    sent you a PM Bak Dur

I have been a member at Burlington for years and love it .. 24 hour access and it is indoor. It is worth the wait.
    Stefan