Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Truth abou Target/Grange's 3-week Ontario CFO LATT processing time.

Quote Originally Posted by shak541 View Post
    sent you a PM Bak Dur
    If you could send me a PM too that would be amazing!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    I would suggest my club which is in Barrie. If I where you do it right away , because as of the new year they won't be taking any more members
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    I did read it carefully, should have made my point clearer in my post.

I agree, not returning phone calls or email is not cool, but I am talking about just going in to the place and talking to them directly if for some reason you can't get them on the horn. No need to claim shady practices (not addressing you directly here) until you actually have some confirmation. Not attacking or defending them, just my opinion that you should actually confirm that something has gone wrong, and give them a chance to make it right before posting negative comments. Perhaps I am out of touch about how I should be treating local businesses though.
    I agree with the OP.

You should have the right/option to exercise free speech in this forum. Particularly as a last resort and to warn others of potential problems. Truth is not a weapon. We are all adults here. Certainly smart enough to tell well someone has a legitimate beef and when they're just spouting off ...

CGN Regular
    Barrie is great, 8 outdoor ranges and indoor 24/hour range, after you are a member in good standing for 1 year you can even go shoot alone. From North York it should be less than an hour drive, unless its a Friday afternoon on a long weekend.

Target is horrible, BJ barely works any hours, so many times I know there have been issues with ATT or membership renewals and he is never there. He just collects $600+ from each member, and there is little to show for where that money goes.

The range does not allow any .223 or 5.56 anymore so unless you love shooting your .22 your stuck with pistols. They have been saying all year how they are going to upgrade the range and nothing is ever done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Toronto is crying out for a quality indoor range, no doubt about that.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    Toronto is crying out for a quality indoor range, no doubt about that.
    My hanky is wet....
    Silverdales pretty far but worth the drive just cause it's awesome... they applied for my ATT after the first prob shoot (yes , only 4) ... mine had been waiting in the office a month Before my final....

CGN frequent flyer
    Finally I have some good news/facts to report and conclude this incident.

After talking to the staff again about the issue, he was able to double-check What happened seems to a glitch when the email was sent out to CFO a few weeks ago, my application was not sent out as attachment for some reasons. So, they will do that right away and work with CFO to try to push my ATT through today if possible. So, all good.
    And through the discussion, what suprised/shocked me was that the position actually is a volunteer, not paid position. So, I guess to be fair to him, he is doing the best he could and maybe more based on some of the posts here. Still how can a "for-profit" company doing something like this. Anyway, thanks to the staff for fixing the issue swiftly. Like I said, I have been having good experience with all the staff. He was actually one of my probation officers who gave me some good tips on safety and shooting(even though I failed first accuracy shoot under his watch. Damn flicky fingers..).

And another take away is that, again, like yuuup! re-iterated, the reason we post the problem here with our club, is not to "spouting off", but as last resort and try to improve/fix whatever the problem in the process. That way we will make our club improved in the end which will eventually benefit everyone in this sport. If we keep ignoring the problem, or just run away from it, it's not a healthy way to deal with problem, at least not to me.

Thanks everyone here for all the posting. Hopefully this provides a lesson/learn experience. Always check between the club and CFO to ensure nothing felt off the cracks. Now I can't wait to bring my guns to shoot. While waiting for all the paperwork, I also got myself 3 guns and 2000 rounds, thanks for all the sales that have been going on. I am going broke, but with a big BANG.... lol...
    Last edited by luckey; 12-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    CSSA Life Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    Finally I have some good news/facts to report and conclude this incident.

After talking to Adam about the issue, he was able to double-check with B.J. What happened seems to a glitch when B.J. sent out the email to CFO a few weeks ago, my application was not sent out as attachment for some reasons. So, they will do that right away and work with CFO to try to push my ATT through today if possible. So, all good.
    And through the discussion, what suprised/shocked me was that B.J. position actually is a volunteer, not paid position. So, I guess to be fair to B.J., he is doing the best he could and maybe more based on some of the posts here. Still how can a "for-profit" company doing something like this. Anyway, thanks to Adam for fixing the issue swiftly. Like I said, I have been having good experience with all the staff. Adam was actually one of my probation officers who gave me some good tips on safety and shooting(even though I failed first accuracy shoot under his watch. Damn flicky fingers..).

And another take away is that, again, like yuuup! re-iterated, the reason we post the problem here with our club, is not to "spouting off", but as last resort and try to improve/fix whatever the problem in the process. That way we will make our club improved in the end which will eventually benefit everyone in this sport. If we keep ignoring the problem, or just run away from it, it's not a healthy way to deal with problem, at least not to me.

Thanks everyone here for all the posting. Hopefully this provides a lesson/learn experience. Always check between the club and CFO to ensure nothing felt off the cracks. Now I can't wait to bring my guns to shoot. While waiting for all the paperwork, I also got myself 3 guns and 2000 rounds, thanks for all the sales that have been going on. I am going broke, but with a big BANG.... lol...
    Nope, sorry, but that's unacceptable in my standards based on what Grange advertises on their site. Good to know that position (which seems pretty darn important) is a volunteer position. Nothing against this BJ guy - as I'm sure he's a standup person. Thanks again for this thread. It's these little things that matter in the end. $600 and you don't even have 24/7 access compared to something like Silverdale which has similar operating hours and cost only $300 (or there abouts). And then to find out certain positions are volunteer based.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Actually I think The Range @ Urban Tactical is the most expensive...unless you just sign up and hardly ever shoot.

The kind of hassle that the OP is going through would be acceptable perhaps at a non-profit club that is staffed by volunteers. But if I was was paying a for-profit range top dollar, I'd expect better comms.
    Well, in a way you're right. Their VIP is $600 or something. But they have a standard membership of only $299. Not sure what the differences are though.

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't think Silverdale is all year round though being outdoor. Besides, as personal preference, the target retriver, no need for chore etc, all should be considered. then it's the physical location and distance to people in GTA. If I were in Hamilton, I will get two membership at least, one silverdale for summer and rifle, one indoor to cover year around. and Grange will be out of way for me anyway. So, it's not exactly apple to apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Nope, sorry, but that's unacceptable in my standards based on what Grange advertises on their site. Good to know that position (which seems pretty darn important) is a volunteer position. Nothing against this BJ guy - as I'm sure he's a standup person. Thanks again for this thread. It's these little things that matter in the end. $600 and you don't even have 24/7 access compared to something like Silverdale which has similar operating hours and cost only $300 (or there abouts). And then to find out certain positions are volunteer based.
    CSSA Life Member