Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Truth abou Target/Grange's 3-week Ontario CFO LATT processing time.

CGN frequent flyer
    there is no VIP.

for Grange, standard is $655 plus tax for the first year and $550 for the years to come. no $300 ones, but $250 for spouse if he/she comes alone sometimes. $120 if always tag along with the regular member. So, the price is actually very good as couple therapy as long as nothing goes wrong during the session. Lol...

http://www.grangesports.org/membership

Quote Originally Posted by Protege View Post
    Well, in a way you're right. Their VIP is $600 or something. But they have a standard membership of only $299. Not sure what the differences are though.
    CSSA Life Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    I don't think Silverdale is all year round though being outdoor. Besides, as personal preference, the target retriver, no need for chore etc, all should be considered. then it's the physical location and distance to people in GTA. If I were in Hamilton, I will get two membership at least, one silverdale for summer and rifle, one indoor to cover year around. and Grange will be out of way for me anyway. So, it's not exactly apple to apple.
    Silverdale is open year round. Only downside to it being outdoors is of course the winter elements and the shortened daylight hours. I don't know where you live, but I live kind of in the middle of Target and Silverdale. So for me, I have a choice. You may not. But I opted for East Elgin though. Indoor 24/7 and outdoor during daylight hours year round. Has volunteer requirements, but you can bypass it by paying extra if you wish. At least with East Elgin, pretty much every position is voluntary, so I can definitely be patient with them about my ATT and other things. But with Grange, there is no excuse about volunteers in my opinion.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    there is no VIP.

for Grange, standard is $655 plus tax for the first year and $550 for the years to come. no $300 ones, but $250 for spouse if he/she comes alone sometimes. $120 if always tag along with the regular member. So, the price is actually very good as couple therapy as long as nothing goes wrong during the session. Lol...

http://www.grangesports.org/membership
    No, I meant there is a VIP program with Urban Tactical which cost $599. And they also have a standard membership for $299. Again, I don't know the difference. But let me get this straight - your wife has to pay $120 for every range visit with you beside her or $120 for the year?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Nope, sorry, but that's unacceptable in my standards based on what Grange advertises on their site. Good to know that position (which seems pretty darn important) is a volunteer position. Nothing against this BJ guy - as I'm sure he's a standup person. Thanks again for this thread. It's these little things that matter in the end. $600 and you don't even have 24/7 access compared to something like Silverdale which has similar operating hours and cost only $300 (or there abouts). And then to find out certain positions are volunteer based.
    I need to clarify: The Grange Club is NOT owned or operated by Target Sports Canada. In Ontario, the interpretation of non-profit is much stricter from the CFO's perspective, so we have outsourced the club activities and are, as such, not allowed to dictate to the club how it operates. Further: BJ, the membership coordinator, is paid for his activities. It is not volunteer work.

If you have any issues with the Grange, please email their president directly: Dr. Michael Hawke <hawke@fastmail.fm>. I have been assured he will sort out the issues asap.

As to the $450,000 in renovations: They have started and over the next 90-120 days will be completed.

My direct email is: jr@theedgegroup.ca

Cheers,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    As to the $450,000 in renovations: They have started and over the next 90-120 days will be completed.
    So less lanes for paying members?

I once called for a probationary shoot (back when I was a probee) and was told that "unlicensed walk ins take priority and we can't get you in for your probationary shoot". Putting unlicensed shooters that pay exorbitant fees through faster and with priority over members is what makes Target it's money.

I won't be renewing my membership there. Hell my guests (who pay $20) don't even get a shooting lane if there are unlicensed walk-ins that need it. Completely unacceptable for $600/year.

I was a member there for two years. Man that place blows.
    NFA Member, CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    There were some really good people working there that were fired for speaking out about the lack of maintenance on the ventilation systems. Pretty sad that rather than fix it they decided to fire some good employees.

There are good guys working there now too. Unfortunately I think the issue of terrible member service and "walk-ins come first" comes from the management. All about the money the walk-ins bring in and forget the paying members that should have priority of use for the facilities.

I don't even use that range anymore. I'd rather drive 2hrs away and use my friends outdoor range (with a written invite of course) than go to target and fight through the crowds of unlicensed unsafe shooters taking selfies on the firing line.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    There were some really good people working there that were fired for speaking out about the lack of maintenance on the ventilation systems. Pretty sad that rather than fix it they decided to fire some good employees.

There are good guys working there now too. Unfortunately I think the issue of terrible member service and "walk-ins come first" comes from the management. All about the money the walk-ins bring in and forget the paying members that should have priority of use for the facilities.

I don't even use that range anymore. I'd rather drive 2hrs away and use my friends outdoor range (with a written invite of course) than go to target and fight through the crowds of unlicensed unsafe shooters taking selfies on the firing line.
    This is a bold faced lie. But of course it is easy to post slander from an anon ip address.

No one was ever fired for speaking out. It takes a lot to get me to actually fire someone. By the time someone gets fired, they have exausted all patience, or they have been caught for theft.

I fully stand behind my team. If you don't like the Grange, you must write or call them.

If you have an issue with a Target employee, call Frank or myself.

The renos will be great and open up more lanes and opportunities. Of course no facility can be everything to everyone. If we are not a fit for you, I am sure you can find a club that meets your expectations.

Again, innuendo and lies benefit no one.

Sincerely,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    So less lanes for paying members?

I once called for a probationary shoot (back when I was a probee) and was told that "unlicensed walk ins take priority and we can't get you in for your probationary shoot". Putting unlicensed shooters that pay exorbitant fees through faster and with priority over members is what makes Target it's money.

I won't be renewing my membership there. Hell my guests (who pay $20) don't even get a shooting lane if there are unlicensed walk-ins that need it. Completely unacceptable for $600/year.
    If you send me your actual name, I am happy to refund you a prorated membership fee.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN frequent flyer
    my bad, didn't read carefully on your post about the Urban.

for Grange's spouse membership fee, it's per year. spouse independent(meaning he/she can go alone any time) is $250/year, always go with the better half together would only cause $120/year. So, another benefit from having a good marriage I guess.
    it's explained in the url I posted.

No, I meant there is a VIP program with Urban Tactical which cost $599. And they also have a standard membership for $299. Again, I don't know the difference. But let me get this straight - your wife has to pay $120 for every range visit with you beside her or $120 for the year?
    Last edited by luckey; 12-19-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    CSSA Life Member