Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storage

Storage

How you guys doing well. My question is is it fine to keep my rifle inside the case? does this count as one of the safe storage rules? Because I checked the actual storage in canadian tire and its expensive!!

BANNED
    If you render it inoperable by the rcmp standards that would be fine.
    That being said, the stack-on cabinets go on sale regularly and would be worth getting in the long run.

Beware the hard cases with foam inside, they will retain moisture and eventually rust your firearm. Yes, you can use it for storage but really they are made for transportation.

appreciate your advice!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    Beware the hard cases with foam inside, they will retain moisture and eventually rust your firearm. Yes, you can use it for storage but really they are made for transportation.
    I have stored my long guns in grey-foam-lined gun cases for years with no rust issues at all. While I agree that in a damp environment it might be a problem, in the relative humidity of the average home environment you will have no problem. Put desiccants in for peace of mind if you want.
    Last edited by GBG; 12-19-2014 at 07:37 PM.

CGN Regular
    Just stick a trigger lock on er and your good to go, case or no case. Plastic gun case alone however I wouldn't say meets the standards.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mds694 View Post
    Just stick a trigger lock on er and your good to go, case or no case. Plastic gun case alone however I wouldn't say meets the standards.
    It does when the case is locked.
    Last edited by GBG; 12-20-2014 at 05:44 PM.

you know those things that come in a beef jerky bag? or a shoebox?? silica gel packets.. stuff a couple of those packets inside your case and it will absorb the moisture.

BANNED
    Silica gel packets don't last forever, come in assorted sizes(half gram and up), weights are made to cover different sizes of container and aren't exactly cheap. A half gram covers 1 l and runs about $22 per 20.
    Oiling the firearm works as well and costs less in the long run.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Rice in an old sock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast