Thread: Big Thanks to Hirsch Precision, and Sightron(worry free warranty)!

Big Thanks to Hirsch Precision, and Sightron(worry free warranty)!

So long story short, the very evening of the first day I mounted up my Sightron S3 8-32X56 to my rifle and sighted it in, I had it on my kitchen island, in line for cleaning. As I was cleaning another rifle, my cat decides to knock the whole thing off the island. The rifle was a Savage 110BA, a heavy pig. The scope hits first, bends and busts off the sun shade, bends the top turret, and whatever it's attached to inside. And on top of that, the muzzle break breaks a tile..... Great.

I emailed Sightron directly, give them the story, not expecting warranty obviously, just looking to see if they would repair the scope for me. Shortly after, they emailed me back and asked me to call and send it to Hirsch Precision. I talked to Hirsch, explained my good fortune again, and sent it to them.

To my surprise, a few weeks later, I get an email from Hirsch, saying the scope was back from Sightron, and was being shipped to me the following day. Still hadn't seen a bill, so I waited top see what would show up, and if it would be fixed at all. I opened the package, and the work order from Sightron was on top. The list was, replaced sun shade, replaced top turret, cleaned lenses, and reset to factory settings. Covered under warranty!!!!

Needless to say I'm ecstatic! I think all the people wondering about Sightrons warranty policy, should stop worrying. A great product, and great service! There was no way it should have been warrantied, but they did it anyway. And Hirsch sent it back to me express. I didn't even pay for shipping. I can 't say enough about my experience, I just hope people will find this post.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Beats the hell out of my Leupold $55 shipping bill to not fix a scope which took from early April to mid October.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

BANNED
    You would be surprised what gets covered when you don't make up a b.s. lie.

CGN Regular
    How's the cat? Great warranty, great scopes but reminds me why I sold my Sightron, wanted something a lot more able to take abuse

Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    How's the cat? Great warranty, great scopes but reminds me why I sold my Sightron, wanted something a lot more able to take abuse
    He's OK, he's lucky I'm attached to him now....... He can do what he wants.

And I can't imaging any scope taking that hit better, especially with exposed turrets. The 110BA is almost 20 pounds with scope and bipod, and it fell from a bar height island, 4 feet onto the scope.

I'm just pumped they didn't send me back a paper weight.

This is great to hear! I am considering a sightron fixed power at the moment. In response to the gentleman who was charged 55.00 from leupold, please share the rest of the story. I just got a scope back from them that was was repaired, and was not charged a cent, not even shipping. It difficult for me to consider anything but leupolds because of their quality and their fast turn around times.
    Its good the hear that sightron is giving us a viable option.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny01 View Post
    This is great to hear! I am considering a sightron fixed power at the moment. In response to the gentleman who was charged 55.00 from leupold, please share the rest of the story. I just got a scope back from them that was was repaired, and was not charged a cent, not even shipping. It difficult for me to consider anything but leupolds because of their quality and their fast turn around times.
    Its good the hear that sightron is giving us a viable option.
    The $55 was my shipping bill. I had two scopes, a lower end and a good scope. The lower end would not adjust windage enough to the right...on three different rifles, the good scope would not hold zero. I knew the history of the first, not the second. Talked to Korth, who are the Canadian distributor. Not sure if i got a guy on a bad day, but he was kurt/rude. Explained that they only serviced scopes that had passed through their business. Since i did not know the history of the second scope i decided to send both too Leupold in Oregon.

Contacted Leupold, they directed me too Ottawa were i got a export form mailed too me, sent the scopes. Jeopardy theme.....continue. They contacted me saying that i needed to pay for postage back...Visa. Scopes arrive, the good scope was fine. The other had a gritty feel on the turrets and still would not adjust windage to the right. Elapsed time April to October.

Everything Leupold sold except the scope on my 375 Rum, because that one is a color match to the SS rifle and so far its holding zero. The response from Korth, the shipping, the time...three strikes and your out. There is a thread about over rated running right now, i should post...Leupold there. Product, service, warranty ....three strikes.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Regular
    So good to hear your story. It provides confidence that Sightron will be there to back me up should I have a problem. Thanks for sharing.