Thread: 1x7 scope?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar

1x7 scope?

Hello, can you tell me if ,on 1 power does this scope work like a RDS, with unlimited eye relief?

CGN Regular
    Not trying to be a dick or anything, but you probably need to specify which scope you are talking about. Generally, variable power scopes, have a relatively fixed eye relief. ALL of the variable power scopes I have used/played with that had a 1x power had a limited eye relief. Usually a couple of inches, but it varied by the scope.
    Haun0002

Quote Originally Posted by haun0002 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick or anything, but you probably need to specify which scope you are talking about. Generally, variable power scopes, have a relatively fixed eye relief. ALL of the variable power scopes I have used/played with that had a 1x power had a limited eye relief. Usually a couple of inches, but it varied by the scope.
    No prob , but I thought mystic precision only sold one type of 1x7... Sightron.

The SIII 1-7x24 claims 4.8 inches of eye relief at 1X.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

Quote Originally Posted by CV32 View Post
    The SIII 1-7x24 claims 4.8 inches of eye relief at 1X.
    That's pretty generous, the reason I'm asking is,I like magnification but found on the 2-10 scope I had ,that quick fallow up shts were not possible. Was wondering if a true 1x would be the same as a reddot.Even on 2x the follow up shots weren't fast,would they be faster with the 1x setting on the SIII?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    That's pretty generous, the reason I'm asking is,I like magnification but found on the 2-10 scope I had ,that quick fallow up shts were not possible. Was wondering if a true 1x would be the same as a reddot.Even on 2x the follow up shots weren't fast,would they be faster with the 1x setting on the SIII?
    It is an amazing amount of eye relief, if the claim is accurate. I don't have this scope but I've been eyeing it (no pun intended). Mystic claims it is a true 1X.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

Supporting Dealer
    This is 1 of the very few scopes on the variable mag scopes that has a true 1X. Holding the scope, I can clearly see and engage my FEET.

But if you need to engage targets closer, then it may not be for you :-)

There is a post on the Sightron SIII 1-7 somewhere here. The image of the computer screen was taken while holding the camera, scope while seated in my chair by my desk.

The optics are simply stunning.

Then crank it up to 7X and you will have no issue engaging a fig11 at 600m.

BUT this is still a scope, so you have to set it up with proper eye relief. On a rifle/carbine, it is a top performer for sure.

For fast panning, the glass at 1X is very flat. An aimpoint is dead flat. The Sightron will give a hint of curvature at the edges but the center is solid. The vast majority of low power variables will make you dizzy when you pan. Some red dots too.

Then there all the goodness from the illuminated reticle which has very unique features you will NOT find in a red dot scope.

CQB, 3 gun, close/mid range hunting... fast engagement with super long eye relief and a big wide eye box.... then the price which is dirt cheap.

Response has been good but I think some just can't believe these scopes are that good for this price given all the other scopes in this price range which are far from satisfactory.

Only a few left at 2014 pricing... then we see how much our dollar makes prices jump for 2015.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

i have it on my xcr its a amazing scope its just like a holo sight on 1x but u still have 7x for long range its a heafty scope well worth it
    grizzly 378

I have one on my T97 with a FTU. It really is an amazing scope. Only complaint I have is I wish the illuminated Red/Green dot was brighter, works great in low light conditions, or even at my indoor range, but not bright enough for outdoor daytime use. If you are thinking it will be as bright as a Aimpoint or EOtech you will be disappointed.

Supporting Dealer
    Because you have the black reticle... the light is only for low light conditions. Everything else you can see the reticle and thus save battery.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM