Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just amazing!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Plinker, in this century its NOT the Norm. Have you seen the numbers on returned items after Christmas? Wrong Size, missing something, doesn't' work and on and on. Its in the Billions, and all major retailers have specialized departments set up just to handle this very issue. that just Christmas items, never mind the rest of the year FedEx is in the game also, buying at a discount, all these items thought to be Normal, just to save the retailers in shipping costs and hassle of dealing with miserable folks with unreal expectations. Marlin is a top notch retailer, who is absolutely way above the Norm in his customer service department.

Sorry, can’t agree with you on this one.

It is still the norm, but it always depends on your expectations. If you have low expectations in the company’s abilities of customer service, then why would you deal with such a company in the first place?

The return of items after Christmas has nothing to do with this, it is rather a new national sport.
    To buy without thinking, and then return the unwanted merchandise (very often after it was used during the holidays) at the first given occasion is made possible due to lax return policies.

I don’t know Frontier Firearms (never heard anything bad about them), and Marlin might be the greatest guy the world has ever seen, but to call it amazing just because they fixed one of their own mistakes, puzzles and at the same time amazes me in a sad way.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    ^^^
    K you said your piece and coming from someone who hasn't dealt with them then great.

I made this thread to say thanks.

I did that, move on
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Yup. Ordered gun Tuesday... Received gun Thursday. Awesome considering we are dealing with canada post. My first order with them was a M305 the handguard was cracked they gave me total satisfaction. this company = awesome

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    I've always found Marlin great to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by plinker1 View Post
    I don’t understand what the amazement is all about.

Shouldn't it be just the norm to send you the item complete without any missing parts?

Is the service really that bad, even an adjustment to fix their mistake is so unexpected, that it makes your buyer’s experience with them amazing?
    its not always about being happy just because good service is rare nowadays (which it seems to be), sometimes its just nice to give someone a pat on the back and let them know that they have done a good job, and that they are appreciated. Too often it seems, we are so quick to bi*tch and jump on someone because of bad service or a mistake that has been made, but when good service is received, we dont say a word.
    I make a point to call managers/owners and give a pat on the back to an employee who has given me good service, and most times, the bosses are surprised, because they say the only time people usually call to voice their opinion, is when they want to bi*ch, whine and complain.
    A little courtesy can really make someones day, perhaps more people should try it.
    Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest
    proud member of local 306 International Brotherhood of Jazz Dancers, Pastry Chefs and Nuclear Technicians

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12