Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JW-105 question

JW-105 question

Hi,

Would you happen to know if this rifle is safe to use 5.56 Nato surplus rounds? I've found conflicting comments while researching the calibre and rifle and thought maybe you might have that information as a dealer.

Many thanks in advance,

Sean (panic)
    If selling on the EE, have the courtesy to reply to inquiries and properly DELETE the thread if sold -
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/924549-How-to-Properly-Edit-Your-EE-Ads-for-Removal

It's chambered in 5.56, so absolutely. Stamped right on the gun, 5.56x45mm

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by e46bro View Post
    It's chambered in 5.56, so absolutely. Stamped right on the gun, 5.56x45mm
    Interesting they don't mention that on the site.
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    go right ahead, no problem here.

I've not purchased it yet...but have seen the JW-105-t offered on the Marstar site and I'm very very tempted, but there's a difference between .223 REM and 5.56 Nato in the amount of pressure.

IF it's chambered in 5.56x45 Nato then there's no problem (apparently) and it will easily handle .223 ReM as its a lower pressure round. If it's .223 ReM chambered then it can't handle the military grade Nato 5.56 and it can damage the rifle (apparently).

As the importer I'm just hoping Marstar has the relevant information on chamber pressures. Something about a SAMI pressure difference??
    If selling on the EE, have the courtesy to reply to inquiries and properly DELETE the thread if sold -
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/924549-How-to-Properly-Edit-Your-EE-Ads-for-Removal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jennis's Avatar
    Ffs....
    " The blood dimmed tide is loosed and everywhere the ceremony of innoncence is drowned; the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity..... "

- William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by jennis View Post
    Ffs....
    Yes?? Some gem of advice or information that'll help me?

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    If it was intended for 5.56x45 they should advertise it as so.. I would never fire 5.56 in a .223 .. but that is just me.. safety first.
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    GUYS, here is the RUNDOWN ON .223 vs 5.56 nato.
    1) The brass on 5.56 can be and usually is slightly thicker. This is to safely contain the pressures that can be found using a 5.56 nato chamber.
    2) There is more than TWICE the amount of freebore in a 5.56 nato chamber (unrifled barrel the bullet travels in BEFORE coming into contact with the rifling. This freebore travel lowers the pressure initially.
    3) The ANGLE of the rifling is more graduated or "sloped" on 5.56 nato guns , while the rifling begins much sooner and is more abrupt in .223 rem gun.
    The 5.56 nato ammo can be loaded hotter, because 1) it has thicker brass,and the bullet gets to travel more with the freebore before it slows down and increases pressure while jamming and engraving itself in the rifling. Then when it hits the rifling, it gets a nice easy slope into that rifling, unlike .223 rem chambers that have an almost vertical beginning to the rifling with little to no "ramp" to begin the rifling. Thats why it is not a good idea to fire 5.56 ammo in a .223 gun.
    Last edited by sgt.rock; 12-25-2014 at 02:29 AM.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

Quote Originally Posted by jennis View Post
    Ffs....
    Don`t you love monosyllabic answers,and still wonder days later, even after inscription, why they bother ?

Not to worry Panic ,the answer will be had.

PT
    NFA member
    CSSA member
    Delta Waterfowl member
    Ducks Unlimited member

I NEVER MET A LIBERAL ,I EVER LIKED. Will Rogers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast