Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Poor man's shoot N see targets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Thanks for this. I just purchased a 50 pack of 12 x 18 from Amazon. Best deal ever and shipped for free.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCap View Post
    Thanks for this. I just purchased a 50 pack of 12 x 18 from Amazon. Best deal ever and shipped for free.

Good find.

I was going to compliment you on your shooting before realizing that's a stock photo!
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

can one of you guys post some pics of what the DIY targets look like before and after? just wondering...
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    --Jim Carrey
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse.
    --Thomas Szasz

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaD View Post
    can one of you guys post some pics of what the DIY targets look like before and after? just wondering...
    Don't have a before unfortunately, but I did some tests. Had to see it for myself. So I bought a 5 sheet pack from Dollarama. So that's $1 for 5 neon sheets of 12x18. I wanted to try the duct tape idea so I bought blue duct tape for $1.25. Shipping tape is $1. Acrylic paint is $1 and brush is $1. The duct tape idea is worthless, expensive, and ineffective. After 2 3/4 sheets, I'm already out. The other is the acrylic paint on top of shipping tape and works alright. Here's a pic:

So the top is simply blue duct tape over top a neon paper (better than construction paper). The two bottom targets are shipping tape on top of neon paper and painted over with acrylic paint. I didn't want to use spray paint since I would have to make the targets outside in the freezing cold. I wanted to make these targets in the comfort of my house. So that's why I used acrylic paint. Another experiment that I have yet to try is that I bought 8.5x11 beige coloured cardstock paper for $5.99/50 sheets. It's a higher quality paper than construction paper, so that's why it's a bit expensive. I then also bought neon coloured spray paint ($4.99/4oz.) rather than regular black paint. I had a hard time seeing the black targets at 100m with iron sights. This should be cheaper than using acrylic paint. So, we're looking at what $.30-$.40 per target....probably. Still better than $1/target...or $0.70/target (cheapest I found).

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    Just buy them. People here seriously have time for an arts and crafts project like this all to save 20 cents?
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

Thanks the pics Protege, the bottom two look like they worked better.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    --Jim Carrey
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but they make a good excuse.
    --Thomas Szasz

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaD View Post
    Thanks the pics Protege, the bottom two look like they worked better.
    Hopefully I can post some pics up tomorrow after my range visit. This time I'll be using cardstock with spray paint and acrylic paint.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Valkyrie View Post
    Just buy them. People here seriously have time for an arts and crafts project like this all to save 20 cents?
    No different from people reloading ammo. How come no one is hounding them about saving a few cents?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234