Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Norinco AR180b

Possibility of a Norinco AR180b

Just a thought... These would sell like crazy!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Member of the CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I doubt they would go for it but it's worth asking. Metal lower receiver would be a real bonus. CanAm seems pretty receptive to suggestions & I think blueprints are available online so it wouldn't have to start from scratch. I guess we can hope.

Well I dunno...

I had an Armalite 180b and it was craptastic... I can't imagine how much worse it could be if made by Norinco
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure this has come up before...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    Since it's NR here in Canada, and Norinco already makes a Canadian-legal AR (and can't sell sh!t in the biggest market in the world, the US) they might just do it. If they can keep the price near their AR price, I don't think they'd have any trouble at ALL selling AR180B-type rifles in Canada. Maybe call it an M-180?
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

Not very likely, they won't be able to sell enough to recoup their setup cost.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    Not very likely, they won't be able to sell enough to recoup their setup cost.
    Depends. If it was machine from aluminum it would be far more cost effective than making it stamped steel which is extremely expensive.

However this topic has been beaten to death before.

Would likely be called a prohib unless virtually identical to the Armalite AR180b, the original AR180/AR18 is a named prohib... The AR180b going unrestricted in the first place is pretty amazing given that the uppers interchange.

Perhaps best to leave sleeping dogs lie on this one and pursue a less controversial project, an original semi AR10 gets my vote.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Would likely be called a prohib unless virtually identical to the Armalite AR180b, the original AR180/AR18 is a named prohib... The AR180b going unrestricted in the first place is pretty amazing given that the uppers interchange.

Perhaps best to leave sleeping dogs lie on this one and pursue a less controversial project, an original semi AR10 gets my vote.
    And for the last time the non restricted AR10's made for KLM by Artillerie Inrich-Ingen around 1959 do not exist........anymore. I have done extensive research on it and the FRT was appears to have been changed to restricted after the three that were in the country left the country to a collector.
    Last edited by mildcustom2; 12-27-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    More likely to be done in Canada

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast