Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22LR shortage ?

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    That's the problem right there.
    So what would you do if you were in that situation ? If I dont have the 500 rounds I will not be able to qualify for a membership if I have nothing to shoot, and trying to join another club is not an option at this current time as i have been told by two other clubs that they are not even accepting new applications until late spring or the summer, and that is it for clubs in my area that are not way over priced.

Also if you read the first post i only bought 200 rounds in the first place, but have been advised that it was not a bad price that i paid, and that there is a 22lr shortage and since i need them i will go and buy them, but please advise as to what you would do.

Thanks to everyone else that gave reply's

Gagnon has cci mini mags for $10 (100s) if you buy multiple

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XERXIES_333 View Post
    So what would you do if you were in that situation ? If I dont have the 500 rounds I will not be able to qualify for a membership if I have nothing to shoot, and trying to join another club is not an option at this current time as i have been told by two other clubs that they are not even accepting new applications until late spring or the summer, and that is it for clubs in my area that are not way over priced.

Also if you read the first post i only bought 200 rounds in the first place, but have been advised that it was not a bad price that i paid, and that there is a 22lr shortage and since i need them i will go and buy them, but please advise as to what you would do.

Thanks to everyone else that gave reply's

Buy a case not 10.

CdnCombatMedic I am willing to share 22lr so if your having trouble finding them and are in the GTA shoot me a PM and i will tell you where to as its not a site sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsmyth View Post
    The fact that guys are still buying up anything and everything they find means there's no way they can catch up to the demand. So many people are hoarding that manufacturers won't catch up till guys only buy what they need vs what the store has in stock.
    Another posted this in another thread and sums it up perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by XERXIES_333 View Post
    CdnCombatMedic I am willing to share 22lr so if your having trouble finding them and are in the GTA shoot me a PM and i will tell you where to as its not a site sponsor.
    Thanks very much for the offer but I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoShooter View Post
    I don't think hoarding has an effect on supply. Say you and a hoarder buy a case. You shoot yours and the hoarder sits on his. Next trip to the store, same thing. So weather or not the ammo is actually used shouldn't matter. Once it's purchased, it's needed to be restocked. No difference if empty shells in the trash or brand new cartridges hidden in a safe. Still disposed of
    This exactly.

Well when you have someone that keeps cleaning out the shelves, it's creats panic and the illusion of short supply so others tend to stock up when they don't really need it. It's a vicious circle. If everyone bought what they needed there would be some left for others. There was an article on this very thing by an ammo manufacturer.
    Believe the ammo manufacturer? lol.

If they produced enough to satisfy even the "hoarders" appetite then there wouldn't be a shortage. There's a shortage because supply does not meet demand, period. It does not matter whether someone's idea of demand aligns with yours.

If one person buys 7.21 billion PlayStation's will Sony think to themselves, "Jeez, we made enough to supply the entire world with one so we should stop making them even though there's still demand!"
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 12-27-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    This exactly.

Believe the ammo manufacturer? lol.

If they produced enough to satisfy even the "hoarders" appetite then there wouldn't be a shortage. There's a shortage because supply does not meet demand, period. It does not matter whether someone's idea of demand aligns with yours.

If one person buys 7.21 billion PlayStation's will Sony think to themselves, "Jeez, we made enough to supply the entire world with one so we should stop making them even though there's still demand!"
    They can't keep up due to the panic buying.

They can't keep up due to the panic buying.
    Then as a business they're in a great position.

I keep hearing about this shortage but have yet to experience it. I see .22lr at my Range store, at the big box store and at both my LGS'...I think it's mostly a myth....Surely I am not just that lucky....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast