Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22LR shortage ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    I keep hearing about this shortage but have yet to experience it. I see .22lr at my Range store, at the big box store and at both my LGS'...I think it's mostly a myth....Surely I am not just that lucky....
    I really don't see it either that's what leads me go believe it's certain people "hording" that's creating that impression

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclops666's Avatar
    In my opinion these are some of the reasons for the .22 shortage...
    2012- remember that? Lots of people worldwide believed there was going to be some kind of apocalyptic event that would cripple the world as we know it.

Zombie apocalypse- same as above, but there's no date set for when it's supposed to happen

USA election results- Anti's elected into power and threatening to ban firearms , except for grandfathered situations. People would then panic buy so they could be considered "grandfathered"

Preppers- mostly these are the same as the zombie apocalypse types, they fill one sea-can after another, burying them underground in case of any of the above reasons.

Long gun registration- since we got rid of the lgr CFSC classes have been full, everyone wants to have a licence and firearms, everybody wants to play with semi-auto but can't afford centerfire . Enter the .22 semi-auto and unlimited capacity mags, just one guy alone can easily blast thru 500 rds in an afternoon.

Luckily we seem to be at the end of this shortage because shelves accross the country are filling up. I recently picked up a case of cci 40gr mini-mags that were nonexistent just last year.

lol, there is no illusion of short supply... if it's not on the shelf, there is a short supply!

What so called "hoarders" are doing is ensuring that their own supply lines are in tact and they're not relying on a business to keep the shelves stocked for them. I buy when I see ammo that I frequently use. Wal-Mart always used to have Winchester 555 packs for about $21.50. I haven't seen that ammunition on the shelf at my local Wal-Mart for about 6 months now, and I think prices have gone up about 3 bucks.

You say hoarder, I say smart. I'll give a brick to whoever can guess how many buried sea cans of .22LR I have. :P
    "If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law."
    -Winston Churchill
    “...there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying.”
    -Charles Travis Postelwaite

I too am in southern ontario and can't find anything other than ####ty bulk golden .22lr, if anything at all. For the past few months my local Le baron and the Sail in etobicoke and Burlington have been 100% sold out of all types of .22LR. 9mm has been a pain to find lately as well. Only Le baron has some 9mm in stock right now, but they're down a single brand. Sail only has boxes of 9mm blanks.
    NFA & CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    I never kept more than a 1000 rounds of 22 ammo around, because I knew I could just pop down to the local hardware store and buy another brick when I needed it. Now I'm a "horder". When I find it, I buy it, because availability is far and few between. Everyone keeps saying we are at the end of the shortage, I hope this is true.

I picked up some 22lr at CT on the weekend. Winchester dyna-something GT "target" rounds. $40/500. Buddy said they sold about 50 boxes in the past week to only 3 customers

I'm awaiting my (R)PAL now. When I was doing my C(R)FSC, our instructors suggested that .22s were great starter rifles. Hardly seems prudent now given that I have never seen the ammunition on the shelves when I've looked over recent months.

have blasers completely disappeared... I can't find a damned box in northern ontario ! this ammo shortage is bull####, they simply are being stupid about meeting the demand that is out there.. i'm thinking of switching to 22mag, theres no shortage of that...its everywhere

Oddly enough I went out looking for Federal 525 bulk packs over the holidays and found exactly zero . . . anywhere in Canada right now it seems lol. Though there was plenty of other 22lr brands to be had, just not my particular brand.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewlawton View Post
    I'm awaiting my (R)PAL now. When I was doing my C(R)FSC, our instructors suggested that .22s were great starter rifles. Hardly seems prudent now given that I have never seen the ammunition on the shelves when I've looked over recent months.
    Here you go.

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/sellie...ds-canada.html

And its close to you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast