Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Womens only pistol/carbine course

Before my wife and I married, I requested her to do me a big favour. I asked her to get her RPAL and hunting license. As a gun collector, I heard too many stories of husbands passing on, and the police confiscating firearms from the wife (even though as an executor of a will, the guns would go to the wife, and she would sell them after I passed on). My wife owns a couple of rifles, and only shoots 3 times a year.
    It only makes sense guys. Even if the wifey is not really into shooting. Get her to get the RPAL. YOU LOOK AFTER THE KIDS FOR THE WEEKEND.

Having said that, my wife would be interested in taking the course. The question is price and when?

R.

Where would it be and how much?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Member of the CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer capp325's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, why is there a need for a "women's only" course? Why can't women who want to get licensed attend a regular course?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    Sounds like there is lots of need for a ladies PAL/RPAL course.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by capp325 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why is there a need for a "women's only" course? Why can't women who want to get licensed attend a regular course?
    Because it's a more comfortable environment for them and less amount of creepy guys to ogle their ass.
    Just like the need for woman's only gyms etc. Nothing new.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Because men are animals. Specifically pigs and asses.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Creating such a day does not suggest that there is a "need" but allows for confidence building in certain groups.

Typically speaking men all belong to a "men's only club" just often never nail a sign above the door for it. Many hunt camps the wives don't go; not necessarily by rule but often works that way. Guys nights with poker, booze, and smokin'.

Segregation of the sexes still exists to some facet or another; just now we don't advertise it :P. Cause then there would be a parade, and some lady who won't shower gets herself a loud speaker... it's just all bad.

That said, women do it too. They got their salons, malls, boutiques... I'm sure other places/things, I'm not a chick so don't really know them that detailed. I just know the wife has her group, I got mine; and every once in a while if we don't share time I get to push the dog over to the side his lil house out back.

Creating a channel in the way Farmboy is right now is only healthy for the encouragement of more women to get involved in the shooting sports/disciplines. It gives them an avenue to group up, meet greet, network and all that fun stuff we take for granted as "everyday common place".

TBH I wish there would be more events taking cues like this. Hey Farmboy do a Father Son/Daughter or Bring Your Mom day... wait scratch that last one... call it a "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot Day" hah hah.

NOTE: I do not intend to offend anyone speaking a lil candid on the subject of the sexes and possible stereotypical sounding text. Everyone is different in how they themselves handle life and that's great, but in general we all fall upon certain norms created by our society and that is great too! And preemptive sorry to the lady reading this with a loud speaker, but I already stole the batteries from it!

Plus / minus showering comments, that was well put, RageStation. Nothing wrong with having an event (as it was noted, this is not a licensing course / test, just skills), where a group of folks can build confidence. If that can encourage women like my wife and daughters to get into the sport, do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    Because men are animals. Specifically pigs and asses.

this couldn't be more accurate : )
    my wife has her rpal by the way and a lot to do with what Robert777
    mentioned (she does like to shoot though and we both did a pistol safety/shooting course local here lots of fun,lots of ammo)

apparently i fall into the asses category (fat ass, big ass stinky ass and a few more)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast