Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration Certificate FIN & SN

Registration Certificate FIN & SN

I recently purchased my first restricted, a glock 17. The certificate came in the mail today. The letter as you know has two areas to be cut out detailing the info about the gun. On mine, the left & right do not match up identically. The registration certificate number, firearm identification number & serial number are different. Is this normal for registration certs or is this an error that I need to have the CFO correct?

I believe you`re over thinking it a bit. If there is a problem with the certificate, it`s the CFO`s problem. Not yours. Just keep it where it`s supposed to be and you`re good to go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    As far as I am aware, the serial number should be the same in both areas.

Might want to look into it, make sure that the pistol registered to you is actually the one you have.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    All three Num. are unique unto them selves .Ser.# is Ser.# The Cert.# is issued to you & that particular firearm & the Firearm Ident. # may have something to do with the Firearms Identification Table , Please feel free correct me if I'm wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    As far as I am aware, the serial number should be the same in both areas.

Might want to look into it, make sure that the pistol registered to you is actually the one you have.
    Yea, I just got home and checked. The right side had the correct serial number of the pistol. I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out why the left side conflicts the numbers on the right.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcats View Post
    All three Num. are unique unto them selves .Ser.# is Ser.# The Cert.# is issued to you & that particular firearm & the Firearm Ident. # may have something to do with the Firearms Identification Table , Please feel free correct me if I'm wrong .
    You are not wrong.
    Top left
    You have a Registration Certificate number
    8 digits.four digits
    Mid-right
    Firearm Identification Number
    I have 8 digits. Others might have different numbers
    Bottom-left
    Serial Number
    which is the serial number stamped on your handgun by the Manufacturer.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    Yea, I just got home and checked. The right side had the correct serial number of the pistol. I'm going to call them tomorrow and find out why the left side conflicts the numbers on the right.
    What were the names of each box?
    Please see my post #6

Quote Originally Posted by 3strokes View Post
    What were the names of each box?
    Please see my post #6
    Registration Certificate Number (RCN)
    Firearms Identification Number (FIN)
    Serial Number (SN)

Let me be as cleeeeeear as possible - I am not disputing that those 3 numbers are different or serve different purposes.

The registration came in the form of a 8.5x11 print paper letter. At the top of that letter there is some verbiage outlining some regulations. Below that, there are TWO copies of the registration, with outlines showing where to cut. Each of these cutouts has the firearm model and various numbers. I assume that BOTH these cutouts should be saying the same thing if they are just original copies of each other. In my case, the cutout on the LEFT, has RCN, FIN & SN AND barrel length that does not match the one on the right hand side. Everything else is the same, such as model.

Hope that makes it clearer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    I've ever only had one cert. on a sheet unless it was a mutable purchase & then only one cert for each firearm. Seems to me some one issuing the cert. messed up . Have fun sorting this out & keep us posted .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M16LR.50 View Post
    You only bought one pistol , You should only have one registration slip
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast